52 Week Money Challenge!
Pin it to save it and share it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Add your own great tips in the comments below!
This is a great way to save up throughout the year… and all of us could probably use a little rainy day fund! What will you do with $1,378 saved up?
It’s super simple… grab yourself a jar or a container, a tin or piggy bank. Stick a label on it…
52 Week Money Challenge! Over the next year, you will be able to easily save $1,378!
OPTION 1: On week one, you deposit $1 into your savings jar…. and week 2 you deposit $2 and so on! Well, by the end of the year, you will have saved over $1,300 just a little at a time! If you are paid every 2 weeks, you can just do your weekly deposits as you get paid! If you get a little overtime in the summer, add an extra $20 for the weeks when the payments are a little bit bigger!
OPTION 2: You can start at the bottom of the list. This means on week 1 you deposit $52, week 2 you deposit $51 etc… then the hardest part is out of the way and as you near the end of the year, you’ll have big savings and just a little deposit to make!
- Choose a day to make your deposit each week. If you make it on Sunday this week, make it on Sunday next week.
- Print and fill out this form. It works great to keep you on track and keep you motivated.
- Decide right away what you are going to do with the savings. Having a purpose will make you more likely to stay on track.
- If you have extra money when you have smaller deposits, you can add extra and take it off a later date to make it easier!
- If you have a partner or spouse, make sure they are on board! It’s easier to do together.
I’d love to link up to the original source of the 52 week money challenge, but I really don’t know who came up with this plan! I’ve seen it floating around Facebook and Pinterest for a few years now and it’s just too awesome not to share!!