Those Japanese steakhouses have nothing on this super easy homemade recipe for Yum Yum sauce!
Yum Yum sauce is a popular Japanese-style sauce that is light and tangy, and an absolute go-to for all kinds of things, even salad dressing!
This sweet copycat sauce should be in the fridge year-round! Just a few simple ingredients from the pantry and refrigerator are all it takes to have a stir-fry sauce, a hibachi sauce, and a grill sauce all in one!
What is Yum Yum Sauce?
Also called Sakura Sauce or White or Pink Sauce, Yum Yum sauce is made from just a few simple ingredients found right at home:
- white vinegar
This delicious sauce has so many uses at home, it can be used for dip, dressing or even marinade!
If stir fry or tempura veggies are on the menu, Yum Yum sauce is an absolute must-have!
How to Make Yum Yum Sauce
The quickest sauce and dressing ever made, Yum Yum sauce comes together in just a few minutes!
- Mix all ingredients (per recipe below) in a bowl.
- For best results, refrigerate in an airtight container at least 24 hours to let flavors blend.
Change up the ratios or spices for a tangier or spicier version!
How to Store
Store Yum Yum sauce in a cruet or an empty salad dressing bottle. Before serving, give the bottle a shake to mix up all the creamy ingredients!
Use Yum Yum sauce within two weeks or freshen the flavors with a dash or two of rice vinegar and some salt and pepper!
What to Serve with Yum Yum Sauce
- Shrimp Stir Fry – quick & healthy
- Asian Beef Skewers – a summertime favorite
- Baked French Fries (Oven Fries) – great for dipping
- Easy Fried Rice Recipe – less than 30 minutes!
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables – fresh veggies
- Crispy Popcorn Shrimp – perfectly seasoned & breaded!
Did you love this Yum Yum Sauce? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Yum Yum Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 teaspoons ketchup or tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Refrigerate a minimum of 24 hours.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!