Turtle Brownies are decadently delicious and everyone absolutely loves them! Rich fudgy brownies are crowned with pecans and a gooey caramel topping for the perfect brownie bite.
They’re super easy to make and are perfect for any occasion that calls for a sweet treat!
The Ultimate Brownie
There’s nothing better than a good brownie loaded with chocolate…except for when that brownie is also smothered in caramel and pecans! In my opinion, THAT is the ultimate brownie. These turtle brownies taste very similar to the chocolate candies, except in baked form. And best of all, this recipe is quick and easy to make, no fancy ingredients or long prep times here!
This recipe starts with a boxed brownie mix, feel free to use your favorite brand. If you prefer to use a homemade brownie base you can, this is a great one. I follow the instructions on the box for a 9″x 9″ square pan. You can make this recipe in 9″ x 13″ size if you prefer, just be sure that your brownie mix box is large enough to fit that sized pan and use 1 1/2 times the amount of the caramel pecan topping.
Time for the Topping
I add chocolate chips to the brownie mix, because more chocolate is always a good thing! After the brownies have baked and cooled, it’s time to make the topping.
The topping is simply caramels, cream and pecans, and you can make it in the microwave. You can use those little caramel bits or full-sized unwrapped caramels. I prefer to use roasted pecans, as they’re so much more flavorful than raw pecans. After the topping is poured over the brownies, the pan goes into the fridge to cool. After the brownies are cooled, simply cut, serve and enjoy! Sometimes I even add a scoop of ice cream and more pecans for a little extra indulgence.
These brownies are best stored in the fridge. You can bring them to room temperature before serving if you prefer, but they’re fabulous straight out of the fridge too. Regardless of how you serve them, turtle brownies will be a hit with all of your family and friends!
- Easy Triple Chocolate Cookies – Super moist and delicious!
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge – Crazy easy (3 ingredients)
- Chocolate Poke Cake From Scratch – Rich. Fudgy. Perfection.
- Chocolate Silk Pie – Make ahead
- Simple Chocolate Cake – Simple yet decadent.
- 1 box brownie mix (I used the 18.4 ounce size)
- eggs, oil and water according to package directions
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- 11 ounces of unwrapped caramels or caramel bits
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream or half and half
- 1 1/2 cups roasted pecans
- Line a 9" x 9" square baking pan with parchment paper; leave an overhang on the edges. Coat the prepared pan with cooking spray.
Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and stir in the chocolate chips. Bake the brownies according to package directions.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and cool completely.
Place the caramels and cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45 second increments until caramels are melted; stir well until smooth.
- Add the pecans and stir until the nuts are covered in the caramel.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the brownies.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 40 minutes or until set.
- Cut into squares and serve. Store any remaining brownies in the refrigerator.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)