Chocolate Silk Pie is silky smooth, creamy, and delicious, in an Oreo crust, and topped with whipped cream and shaved chocolate!
This pie is a crowd pleaser and very easy to make.
Whether you are a chocolate lover, a pie lover, or someone who just wants a decadent treat that is pretty easy to make, this is the pie for you.
This chocolate silk pie requires simple ingredients, and no special cooking skills. Basically if you can whisk and you can stir, you can make this pie!
And why wouldn’t you want to make this pie? It is basically like eating a slice of heaven. The rich, thick chocolate filling is a pudding like consistency, but with a richness of flavor that will indulge every chocolate loving dream you can imagine.
The crust is super easy, since it is store bought, but feel free to make your own cookie crust if you want.
And the addition of the whipped cream and chocolate shavings just bring it all together for a perfect combination of flavor, aesthetic appeal, and simplicity.
I am a big fan of pie. My mom used to make a caramel apple slab pie that was insanely amazing and something she would serve at every family gathering. And while I love it, I have always been more of a creamy pie lover over a fruit pie lover. Give me coconut cream pie, or a key lime pie, and I am going to be the happiest person ever.
But I can now honestly say, forget those other pies, because this Chocolate Silk Pie takes the cake, and the ice cream, and the donuts, and anything else you can think of. It is simple to make, absolutely decadent, but not so sweet and over the top that you don’t want more than a bite.
Just be sure to give it time to set up! Serve chilled.
This pie can also be made ahead and frozen until ready to serve, making it a great addition to a crock pot meal, like this Crock Pot Ham.
So now that I have you drooling… let’s get to the recipe.
Chocolate Silk Pie
- 3 ounces unsweeted baking chocolate (bar)
- 3 cups milk divided
- 1 ⅓ cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Oreo cookie crust 6 ounce size
- ¾ cup whipped cream (Your Choice of Kind)
- 1 tablespoons chocolate shavings garnish
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, combine 2 cups of milk and the 3 ounces of baking chocolate. Heat, and stir, until chocolate is melted, and pan is boiling. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir sugar, flour, cornstarch, and cocoa powder together.
- In a separate bowl whisk together 3 egg yolks and 1 cup of milk.
- Combine with the flour, sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder mixture, and whisk until smooth.
- Add to the pan with the milk and chocolate, and return to the heat, and whisk constantly, while bringing it up to a boil. Whisk until thick like a pudding (about 1 minute of boiling)
- Remove from heat, whisk in butter and vanilla, whisking until butter is melted and everything is smooth.
- Pour into prepared OREO cookie crust, and refrigerate 3-5 hours until set up.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, and slice and enjoy!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
More Recipes You’ll Love
My husband made this for us yesterday. He said it was not too difficult, but I only know…it was DELICIOUS! Smooth and light tasting. Definitely a keeper.
Love your recipes.
Thank you so much Carolyn!
The pie looks so good~~ silky and soft as cloud! Thank you for sharing the recipe! Gonna try it!
That looks so yummy good……..I wish I could eat a slice right now…….lol……….(: