These Chocolate Cookies are thick soft and chewy with a triple load of chocolate! These will quickly become your favorite chocolate cookies ever!
These cookies come out of the oven perfectly amazing! They are thick and soft with a slightly chewy texture … and completely loaded with chocolate flavor!
Using Shortening & Butter
This recipe uses shortening in addition to butter. Of course, butter adds flavor and keeps these delicious cookies soft and the addition of shortening helps keep these cookies thick and chewy.
While I add milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips, you can add pecans, walnuts or peanut butter chips too! These will quickly become for your favorite chocolate cookie!
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
Triple Chocolate Cookies
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs , room temperature
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, & salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, eggs, and extracts until fluffy. Mix in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop 1 tablespoon per cookie onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 9-11 minutes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Adapted from AllRecipes
More Recipes You’ll Love