Chocolate Cookies are one of my favorites (along with the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies). They’re thick, soft and chewy with a triple load of chocolate for absolute perfection in every bite!
The use of both shortening and butter brings these easy cookies to the perfect consistency, soft and buttery with a tiny bit of a chewy texture.
These cookies come out of the oven perfectly amazing! They are thick and soft with a slightly chewy texture … and completely loaded with chocolate flavor!
Using Shortening & Butter
Here are a few of my favorite tips to make cookies soft and chewy:
- Use both shortening and butter:
- Of course, butter adds flavor and keeps these delicious cookies soft.
- Shortening helps keep these cookies thick and chewy.
- Do not overbake
- Bake these until the edges are set and a tiny bit browned but not dark.
- Eat them fast
- These will stay soft and chewy for a few days but if you’re planning on keeping them longer than that, I’d suggest freezing them.
- Keep them in a tightly sealed container (after cooling completely)
- If you keep them too long and need to soften them, about 10-15 seconds in the microwave will make them taste oven fresh again!
I love the double dose of chocolate. Milk chocolate is really creamy while semi-sweet chocolate chips add a rich chocolate flavor. You can substitute your favorite add-ins:
- Pecans or walnuts
- Peanut butter chips
- White chocolate chips and macadamia nuts
More Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies – Crazy easy.
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies – My husband’s favorite cookie!
- Easy Sugar Cookies
- Funfetti Cookies – Kids love these!
- No Bake Chocolate Cookies – No Nuts (or peanuts)
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies – Perfection. Nothing else to say.
Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, & salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, eggs, and extracts until fluffy. Mix in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop 1 tablespoon per cookie onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 9-11 minutes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Chocolate Recipes
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Easy Chocolate Truffles
- Chocolate Poke Cake From Scratch
- 5 Minute Chocolate Ganache
- Chocolate Banana Bread
Adapted from AllRecipes