Did you know that a Tequila Sunrise recipe is a cinch to make at home?!
Practice your classic cocktail-making skills with this tasty cocktail! Get ready for upcoming glorious days at the beach, the barbecue, or the home bar.
Sweet & Tart Tequila Sunrise
We love to make and serve fancy cocktails that make us feel like we’re at a tropical resort!
- A Tequila Sunrise is the perfect blend of color, flavor, and a splash (or two!) of tequila!
- It’s a bit sweet and tangy.
Fun Fact: Tequila Sunrise gets its name from the way the ingredients are layered in the glass over the ice. The cherry-red hue of the grenadine looks like a sunrise, not to be confused with a Tequila Sunset, where the grenadine is replaced with blackberry brandy and has a dark layer on the top.
What’s in a Tequila Sunrise?
Three simple ingredients, a few ice cubes, and some garnishes make Tequila Sunrise cocktails one of the easy classic cocktails!
ALCOHOL & JUICE Tequila, orange juice, and grenadine are layered in an ice-filled glass.
GARNISH Garnish with a cherry or an orange slice placed on the rim. With all cocktails, presentation is key so use the proper glasses and a bright colorful garnish.
How to Make a Tequila Sunrise
For best results, chill glasses before filling!
- Fill glasses with ice.
- Pour tequila equally into each glass, per recipe measurements below.
- Pour in the orange juice over the tequila. Top with grenadine & garnish.
Bartender Tip: When pouring the grenadine, pour it over an ice cube (instead of into the juice). This will allow the layers to separate easier.
For Tequila Sunrise Jello Shots:
- Dissolve red Jello in 1 cup of grenadine over medium heat.
- Stir in tequila & pour into 1 or 2-ounce shot cups.
- Place on a baking sheet and put in the refrigerator to set.
- Dissolve orange Jello in 1 cup of orange juice.
- Add tequila and pour over the set red shot cups.
- Place in the refrigerator until Jello shots are completely set. Serve.
Our Fave Fruity Cocktails
- Paloma Cocktail Recipe– bright & refreshing
- Aperol Spritz – just 3 ingredients
- Tropical Bay Breeze Cocktail – with coconut rum
- Kir Royale Cocktail – for a special occasion
- Sunny Orange Margarita – ready in 3 minutes
- Bahama Mama – so flavorful
Did you make this Tequila Sunrise? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 4 ounces tequila
- 8 ounces orange juice
- 1 ounce grenadine
- oranges and cherries for garnish
- Fill two medium glasses with ice.
- Divide tequila and orange juice over the two glasses.
- Gently top with grenadine.
- Garnish with oranges and cherries.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)