Super easy to make, a Paloma drink tastes bright, refreshing, and tangy!
Paloma drinks can be made with just a few ingredients and are great enjoyed all year round.
What is a Paloma Drink?
A pitcher of Palomas can be the finishing touch to a gorgeous Mexican buffet!
Just a splash of tequila and some grapefruit soda is all that’s needed for this traditional drink.
While grapefruit soda makes this easy, it’s difficult to find in my area so I make a combination of fresh grapefruit juice and soda for the perfect drink. Palomas are a refreshing way to cap off any day or night!
Ingredients and Variations
TEQUILA Most often a Paloma is made with a Blanco tequila (a white or clear colored tequila) but honestly, any tequila will do just fine.
GRAPEFRUIT Paloma’s are basically tequila and grapefruit soda. Rather than a purchased grapefruit soda, I prefer to use grapefruit juice with a little bit of club soda and simple syrup for a bright citrus flavor.
GARNISH Salt the rim or pop a sugar cube in each glass for a sweet garnish!
How to Make a Paloma
Make the mix in step 2 ahead of time and chill it, to be ready for guests! Paloma cocktails are as easy as 1-2-3!
- Rub the edge of the glass with lime and dip it in salt if desired. Add ice, and chill in the freezer.
- Mix tequila, juice, and syrup according to the recipe below. Pour into iced glasses.
- Add a splash of club soda and a squirt of fresh lime juice, then serve!
More Classic Cocktails
- Margarita Recipe – with fresh lime
- Martini Recipe – perfect for parties
- Bloody Mary – savory and spicy
- Mojito Recipe – with simple syrup
- Caesar Drink – with pickled asparagus
- Tequila Sunrise – so colorful
Did you love this Paloma recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Paloma Cocktail Recipe
- 2 ounces tequila
- lime wedges & kosher salt for serving
- 6 ounces grapefruit soda
- 3 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 3 ounces club soda
- ½ tablespoon simple syrup or to taste
- Rub the rim of a glass with a slice of lime or grapefruit and dip in salt to salt the rim. Fill the glass with ice cubes and place in the freezer.
- Combine tequila, grapefruit juice, and simple syrup with ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake until well chilled.
- Pour grapefruit juice over ice in the glass. Top with club soda and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!