Try this fun and fruity Bahama Mama Cocktail recipe!
This sweet and fruity cocktail has a tropical fruit flavor with Malibu, Bacardi, Kahlua plus colorful tropical fruit juices. It’s a summertime drink that’s sure to get the party started.
What’s in a Bahama Mama?
- coconut rum
- dark rum (try Bacardi or a good dark Jamaica rum)
FRUIT JUICE Pineapple and orange juice add a great citrusy tropical flavor with a splash of grenadine for color. Even lemon or lime juice can be added for a touch of sour tang.
GARNISH An orange slice and a maraschino cherry are the original garnish for this drink, but try making fancy pineapple stir sticks, or get imaginative with toasted coconut flakes! Lemon or lime slices on the rim of the glass are also a possibility.
How to Make a Bahama Mama Cocktail
Mix up this pretty cocktail in a flash, then sit back and enjoy!
- Mix all ingredients except Grenadine & club soda (per recipe instructions below).
- Pour into an iced glass, carefully layer with Grenadine & club soda.
- Garnish and serve.
Fave Summer Cocktails
- Tequila Sunrise – so bright & colorful
- Paloma Cocktail – ready in 5 minutes
- Cosmopolitan Drink Recipe – so refreshing
- Dark and Stormy Cocktail – only 2 ingredients
- Tropical Bay Breeze Cocktail – with coconut Malibu
Did you make this Bahama Mama? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 1 ounce coconut rum
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 ounce orange juice
- ½ ounce dark rum
- ¼ ounce Kahlua
- ½ ounce grenadine
- splash of club soda optional
- orange slice for garnish
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Add coconut rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, dark rum, and Kahlua to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously for 15 seconds until chilled.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice and slowly pour in the grenadine and top with club soda.
- Garnish with an orange slice and maraschino cherry and drink as is or stir.
Do not add club soda to the shaker since it’s carbonated.
½ ounce of lemon juice may be added to the drink for a more vibrant cocktail.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)