This recipe for roasted sweet potato wedges is simple and delicious!
Baked in the oven and served with a spicy sauce or dip, sweet potato wedges are a healthier version of their deep-fried cousin! Chock full of antioxidants and fiber, sweet potatoes are finally coming into their own!
A Favorite Side
This recipe is a favorite because it can be prepped and roasted while other things are going on in the kitchen! Simply set it and forget it!
Toss in a little oil with lightly seasoned sweet potato wedges for a fresh, fun new alternative to regular fries!
These sweet potatoes are cleaned and cut into wedges. Make sure they’re uniform in size so they all cook evenly!
Sweet potato wedges are gently tossed with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper.
How to Make Sweet Potato Wedges
The best way to make sweet potato wedges is to have the oven pre-heated and ready to roast when the wedges are popped in!
- Clean and rinse sweet potatoes and peel (optional). Cut into uniform 1” wedges or bigger.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and toss with oil, seasoning salt, and pepper.
- Put potatoes flat side down on a baking sheet sprayed with pan release.
- Bake until tender, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Tips for Success
- Cut sweet potato wedges in even quarters so they roast evenly.
- Peeling the skins off is totally optional, but leaving the skins on gives the potatoes a crispy texture, a more rustic appearance, and more nutritious fiber!
- Space potatoes so they roast evenly. This allows the air to circulate around them and they will get crispy as they roast! Yum!
Sweet Potato Favorites
- Baked Sweet Potato
- Sweet Potato Soup
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole
Did you love these Sweet Potato Wedges? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 pounds small sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scrub potatoes (or peel if preferred). Cut into 1" thick wedges.
- Toss potatoes with oil and seasonings. Place potatoes skin side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 35-40 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.