If you love mac and cheese, this is definitely a dish you should try! It’s super simple, yet rich and creamy!
This is a great weeknight meal when you want to put something together that the whole family will love! It takes less than 20 minutes start to finish. You can add in tons of other yummy veggies to this dinner! I’ve added broccoli into the pasta water for the last couple of minutes or peppers and onions to fry up with the sausage.
Stove Top 3 Cheese Pasta With Sausage
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta I used rigatoni
- 1 package Italian sausage or sausage links such as Hillshire Farms, optional
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 dash black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup gruyere cheese shredded (or 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese fresh, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- If using sausage, cook according to package directions. Slice and fry crisp in a pan. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until combine. Cook for 1 minute. Slowly add milk a bit at a time until mixed in. Add seasonings. Continue to stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Serve sauce over pasta and sausage (if using). Enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)