©Cook Crave Inspire by SpendWithPennies.com
Pasta is just good ol’ comfort food and something I love! Alfredo has always been one of my favorites, especially when it’s a Skinny Chicken Alfredo. However, I think this one pot pasta might be my new favorite!
Chicken and pasta simmer in a creamy homemade tomato sauce! The best part is that it all cooks up in one pan because I really love not washing dishes. :) Make sure your pan is large so you have some room to stir the pasta as it cooks!
You can use any cooked chicken including leftover chicken or even rotisserie chicken! Either way, this is creamy and totally delicious! I broil this in the oven to melt the cheese. If you’d prefer not to broil it you can just add the cheese once the pasta is cooked and cover about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
CREAMY TOMATO CHICKEN PASTA SKILLET
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8 oz rotini pasta
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes optional
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups of water
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken I used leftover chicken but rotisserie chicken works well too
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 oz fresh parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in pasta, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, seasoning and 2 1/2 cups water. Let simmer uncovered about until pasta is cooked adding water if needed, about 9-11 minutes. (You want enough liquid to create a sauce). Stir in heavy cream and chicken. Let simmer an additional 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley & parmesan cheese. Top with mozzarella cheese and broil until bubbly and lightly browned.