This hearty cheese ravioli in a tomato cream sauce is one of the easiest weeknight dinners ever!!
One pot. No Draining. Ready in Under 30 Minutes!
Smoked sausage slices, cheese ravioli, and a creamy tomato sauce. Dinner couldn’t be easier.
An Easy Weeknight Meal
- Dinner in less than 30 minutes? Yes, please!
- One dish, no draining required.
- We make this a sausage ravioli with a shortcut tomato cream sauce. So easy!
- Fresh or frozen ravioli is easily found year-round so this is a great recipe to keep on a weekly rotation when time is tight.
CHEESE RAVIOLI: Most brands of fresh or frozen ravioli are either a 3 or 4 cheese blend consisting of any combination of cheeses like ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, cream cheese, or provolone. Choose your favorite!
SAUSAGE: Sliced smoked sausage gives skillet ravioli great flavor with a quick cook time since smoked sausage just needs to be heated through (we crisp it a little bit too).
Use your fave from kielbasa to garlic sausage. No sausage? No problem! Skillet Ravioli is great for using up leftover meat or adding mushrooms instead.
If you’d like to use Italian Sausage, brown the sausage and drain the fat before adding the other ingredients.
The addition of heavy cream adds some richness and gives the sauce that “simmered all day” flavor!
How to Make a Quick Ravioli Dinner
Skillet ravioli is so simple it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Slice and brown sausage per the recipe below.
- Add remaining ingredients including the uncooked fresh ravioli (except parmesan) & bring to a simmer.
- Once the sauce is thickened & the ravioli are cooked through, garnish with parmesan cheese.
Leftover skillet ravioli tastes just as good the next day! Keep it covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
One-Pot Pasta Dishes
- One-Pot Rotini Pasta – rich & hearty
- Cheesy Sausage Pasta – with 3 kinds of cheese
- 4 Ingredient Crockpot Ravioli – just set it and forget it
- Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta – perfect weeknight meal
- Homemade Cheeseburger Macaroni – stovetop version
What are your favorite additions to this easy ravioli dish? Leave a rating and a comment below!
Easy Ravioli with Tomato Cream Sauce
- 18 ounces fresh cheese ravioli or frozen
- 6 ounces smoked sausage
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Brown the sausage in a large saucepan until both sides are golden brown.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients (except parmesan) in the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 4-5 minutes for fresh ravioli or 7-8 minutes for frozen ravioli.
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.