Tomatoes, chicken, cream, pasta and cheese… what a perfect comfort dish! I love that this all cooks up in one pan because I really love not washing dishes. :) Make sure your pan is large so you have some room to stir the pasta as it cooks!
I used rotisserie chicken in this dish which made it a breeze to whip up! If you don’t have fresh basil, you can use dried but be sure to add it to the pasta as it is cooking instead of at the end!
Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta Skillet
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 oz medium pasta (penne, shells or rotini)
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups of water
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or evaporated milk for a lighter version)
- 6 oz shredded italian blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in pasta, canned tomatoes, water and tomato paste. Let simmer about 2 minutes less than package calls for so pasta is VERY al dente.
- Remove from heat and stir in chicken, basil and cream or evaporated milk. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is browned.
Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen Family Cookbook