Creamy Chicken Pasta is a great weeknight meal. Made with tomatoes, cream, cooked chicken, and pasta baked with cheese it is the best one-pot meal!
Whether you’re cooking for your family or for a crowd, this one-pot entrée will be on your menu rotation for a long time to come!
How to Make Chicken Pasta Skillet
This one-pot meal is as easy as can be and just one pot needed!
- Add uncooked pasta, canned tomatoes, and water to a pot.
- Simmer until pasta is tender (al dente).
- Stir in chicken, seasonings, and cream.
- Mix and bake until the cheese is melted and the pasta is tender.
Serve immediately with a slice of garlic toast to soak up every last cheesy bite.
Even though this creamy tomato chicken pasta skillet could be a meal in itself, it’s great paired with with favorite sides.
This chicken pasta skillet recipe reheats well!
- To Store: Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- To Reheat: Pop a portion in the microwave or on the stovetop! Add a splash of cream (or milk) if needed.
One-Pot Pasta Dishes
Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 oz medium pasta penne, shells or rotini
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups chicken chopped and cooked
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk for a lighter version
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in pasta, canned tomatoes, water and tomato paste. Let simmer about 2 minutes less than package calls for so pasta is VERY al dente.
- Remove from heat and stir in chicken, seasonings, and cream. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is browned.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)