This Easy Lasagna is made in just one pan for an incredibly delicious meal! Forget all those pots and pans and hours in the kitchen, in this recipe you’ll need just one pot, no boiling required!
Layers upon layers of a hearty meat sauce, lasagna noodles and cheese are baked until bubbly and golden. Serve this amazing dish with a fresh Italian Salad and some 30 Minute Dinner Rolls slathered in homemade garlic butter.
The only thing better than homemade lasagna is when it’s an easy lasagna in just one pan without a whole sink filled with dirty dishes!
How to Make Skillet Lasagna in One Pan
Make sure you have a big skillet/dutch oven/pan for this recipe or a really deep skillet. I used a 3qt dutch oven (10″ across and about 3″ deep) but a deep frying pan or skillet would work well too. If you don’t have a pan or dutch oven large enough, you can still prepare this as directed and layer/bake it in a 3qt (or 9×13) casserole dish.
Even though one-skillet lasagna is cooked mainly on the stove top, it is topped with mozzarella cheese, covered and baked in the oven so make sure your pan is oven safe!
How Do You Layer Lasagna?
Making lasagna using fresh noodles (from the refrigerated area of the grocery store) means no boiling required! Saves a ton of time (and dishes). Layering this one pan lasagna is really easy. To Make One Pan Lasagna:
- Brown meat and onion. Drain any fat and add in pasta sauce.
- Remove most of the sauce, leaving 1 cup in the bottom.
- Layer the following over the meat sauce in the pan 3 times:
- Lasagna Noodles (cut to fit if needed)
- Ricotta Cheese
- Meat Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Top with Parmesan Cheese and parsley. Cover and bake.
It’s important to make an even meat layer on the bottom. You don’t want the noodles sitting on the bottom while they cook, or they’ll stick to the pan!
More Italian Favorites
- Chicken Lasagna – This white lasagna is so creamy and delicious!
- Chicken Piccata – Another Italian favorite!
- Eggplant Parmesan – Classic Italian!
- Sausage and Peppers – Great weeknight meal!
- Easy Chicken Parmesan – Everyone’s favorite chicken dish!
- Instant Pot Lasagna – classic comfort food
How Long to Cook Frozen Lasagna
You can freeze this easy lasagna, and you don’t need to thaw it before reheating. Place it in a baking dish, cover with foil and cook at 375°F for 1 ½ to 2 hours. Ten minutes before it’s done, remove the cover, and serve when it’s bubbling and browned on the top.
What to Serve with Lasagna
Lasagna is classic Italian. Serve your homemade skillet lasagna just like they do in your favorite Italian restaurant, with a side of warm garlic bread and a fresh green salad with Italian vinaigrette dressing. I also love serving this skillet lasagna with caesar salad!
One Pan Lasagna
- 1/2 lb italian sausage
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 onion diced
- 24 oz marinara or pasta sauce
- 14 oz diced tomatoes canned, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese , divided
- 1 large egg
- 12.5 oz fresh lasagna noodles (not dried noodles)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large ovenproof skillet (11"), cook sausage, ground beef, onion and garlic until cooked through. Drain any fat.
- Add marinara sauce and drained tomatoes. Simmer 10 minutes. Remove 2 cups of the sauce and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine ricotta cheese, egg, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and salt & pepper to taste.
- Place 1/3 fresh noodles in the pot on top of the sauce in the pot (cut to fit if needed).
- Top with 1/2 of the ricotta mixture, 1 cup of sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella. Repeat layers ending with noodles & sauce.
- Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, loosely cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes or until bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes before cutting.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)