I love this Lasagna recipe because it uses only one dish! My sister and I both use this recipe and it’s easy and great! The use of fresh lasagna noodles means you don’t have to precook them which saves both time and dishes!
This does take a bit of time, but is completely worth it because it is simple and tastes delicious! Make sure you use a very large oven proof pot, because this recipe is pretty big. You will be cutting in the pot, so keep that in mind when choosing your pot!
One Pot Lasagna
- 1/2 lb italian sausage
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes , 28oz
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese , divided
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package fresh lasagna noodles (not dried noodles)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400
- In large ovenproof pot, cook sausage and garlic until cooked through.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf and italian seasoning. Allow to simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine ricotta cheese, egg, basil, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups of the sauce and set aside.
- Place 1/3 fresh noodles in the pot on top of the sauce in the pot (cut to fit if needed)
- Top with 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, 1 cup of sauce. Repeat layers ending with noodles & sauce.
- Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, loosely cover with foil.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes or until bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes before cutting.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)