Ok, if there is one thing you need to know about me, it’s that I could literally eat macaroni and cheese 3 times/day… 7 days a week. Oh, every single day.. forever.
And.. I LOVE the boxed kind and I love Hamburger Helper. All the macaroni, homemade, baked, boiled, slow cooked, boxed, frozen.. every single one of them I love.
Well, this is in my top two. Yes, I just said that! It’s in my TOP 2 (along with my Ultra Creamy Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese)!! That means wow, it’s super awesome! To me, it’s a super close match to the boxed Hamburger Helper but you know each and every ingredient in this recipe!
The best part, it’s 20 minutes start to finish!
Click print here ↓
Cheeseburger Macaroni (Stove Top)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 ½ cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon each garlic powder, sugar and paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch, garlic powder, sugar, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef & onion in a pan until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Add milk, broth and macaroni to beef. Stir in cornstarch and spices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 9-12 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Serve hot.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)