There is nothing like a great Reuben Sandwich! Delicious melted swiss cheese paired with tangy sauerkraut and the flavor of good corned beef in between layers of rye bread! I love to make these at home for my family! It is one of my husband’s favorite sandwiches!
These sandwiches make a perfect way to add a touch of Irish flavor to your Saint Patrick’s Day dinner, or just a delicious addition to your weekly menu, any time of the year! I make a traditional Reuben Sandwich that uses rye bread and Thousand Island or Russian Dressing. I usually get the corned beef sliced to order at the deli and prefer a bit of a thicker slice but any type of corned beef is great in this recipe! The results are nothing short on mouth watering! I know you will love this recipe!
This makes a great option for a lunch to fuel you for the rest of the afternoon or an incredible addition to dinner! Chances are after trying this perfect Rueben Sandwich it will become a family favorite at your house too!
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
My Favorite Reuben Sandwich
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices rye bread
- 16 oz sliced corned beef
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut , drained and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup russian dressing (or thousand island)
- Butter each slice of bread. Place 4 slices butter side down on the table or a cutting board.
- Spread each slice with 1 tablespoon dressing and top with 1 slice of cheese, 1/4 of the sauerkraut and 1/4 of the corned beef.
- Spread remaining dressing on the second piece of bread and place on top of sandwich, butter side out.
- Place in a pan over medium low heat and cook until just golden and crisp. Flip and cook on remaining side.
- Cut in half and serve with additional dressing for dipping.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)