As you may already know, I love egg roll wrappers! There are a million things you can do with them! I’ve done everything from Apple Pie Egg Rolls to Cheeseburger Egg rolls!
I have found two types of egg roll wrappers… one type I have purchase are a little stretchy and doughy… and a second type always seem kind of dry and papery. The stretchy ones work much better, I find the papery ones are dry and sometimes crack. You may have to try a couple brands. Egg roll wrappers are often found in the deli or with the tofu products in the veggie area. Most stores have them but you may need to ask.
Blueberry Egg Rolls
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- 1 can blueberry pie filling (21 oz)
- 1 cup unsweetened blueberries fresh or frozen
- oil for frying
- powdered sugar
- Lay one wrapper out with a corner facing you. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of pie filling and 1 tablespoon of fresh/frozen blueberries in the center of each wrapper.
- Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly. Use a dab of water to secure the tip of the wrapper.
- Note: It is important to make sure the sides of the wrapper are tucked in holding the ingredients in. If they leak, it can cause splattering.
- Preheat oil to 350°F. Fry egg rolls in small batches for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Don’t you have to thaw the blueberries first? Can I use frozen raspberries instead? They look delicious! Can’t wait to try it! Hope You reply soon!
No need to thaw the blueberries first. I have never tried raspberries, but that should work just fine, and be delicious too! Let us know how you like the combo Sallie!
good idea,looking for something easy and quick to share with friends
Wow this looks SO good love my blueberries thanks love easy recipes this is a KEEPER
What brand of wrappers did you find that is stretchy? The ones in the deli department tend to be small and dry. I’ve search for other brands but even this close to Philadelphia I haven’t been lucky in my search.
The brand of mine is Mandarin Egg Roll Wraps.
What great treats, we would really enjoy your Blueberry Egg Rolls. Thanks for helping us celebrate Three Years at Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week and come back soon!
Interesting combo of egg roll wrappers and blueberries.
Thanks for joining the WWDParty! Please be sure to link to us in the future! We want to spread the word AND be able to feature and pin great posts like this!
This looks good, I love blueberries so I will definitely be making it, thanks for sharing.
Oh my gosh these look incredible!
Stopping by from Block Party and this is amazing!!!!
What a fabulous idea! Love the blueberry filling in these! Looks so delicious!