As you may already know, I love egg roll wrappers! There are a million things you can do with them! I’ve done everything from Apple Pie Egg Rolls to Cheeseburger Egg rolls!
I have found two types of egg roll wrappers… one type I have purchase are a little stretchy and doughy… and a second type always seem kind of dry and papery. The stretchy ones work much better, I find the papery ones are dry and sometimes crack. You may have to try a couple brands. Egg roll wrappers are often found in the deli or with the tofu products in the veggie area. Most stores have them but you may need to ask.
Blueberry Egg Rolls
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- 1 can (21 oz) blueberry pie filling
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- oil for frying
- powdered sugar
- Lay one wrapper out with a corner facing you. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of pie filling and 1 tablespoon of fresh/frozen blueberries in the center of each wrapper.
- Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly. Use a dab of water to secure the tip of the wrapper.
- Note: It is important to make sure the sides of the wrapper are tucked in holding the ingredients in. If they leak, it can cause splattering.
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Fry egg rolls in small batches for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.