These are truly amazing! I made these Copy Cat Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups as a gift for my husband.. but of course, I had to test one out. Ok, two.. I tested two. And then he gave me one… to share. And then I stole one… but there were still lots left for him!
Anyhow, these are actually really easy to make although they do take some time. The final product came out beautifully and I was so excited to give them as a gift! I used a high-quality milk chocolate which just added to the decadence of these peanut butter cups. You could use dark chocolate or even chocolate chips if that happens to be what you have on hand!
Enjoy… although I don’t think I have to tell you that! ;)
Items you’ll need for this recipe:
Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
- 3/4 lb Good quality dark or milk chocolate
- 1 Cup of Smooth or Chunky Peanut Butter (I used smooth)
- 1 Cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 Cup of Graham Crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Peanut butter cup mold (also available at craft stores)
- OR muffin/cupcake papers
- Melt chocolate at 50% power in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds. The chocolate does not have to be completely melted, as it sits little pieces will melt in. Be extra careful not to overheat the chocolate or it will seize.
- Place about a teaspoon of chocolate in each well or muffin cup and with the back of a spoon, "pull" the chocolate up the sides ensuring the bottom and sides are completely covered.
- Place in the freezer for about 30 seconds to stiffen up the chocolate and you can "re-pull" more or fill in any gaps. (I held my mold up to light and it was easy to see spots where the chocolate was thin)
- Place back into the fridge until cold
- Mix together peanut butter, powdered sugar, salt and graham crumbs in a bowl
- Microwave about 90 seconds to soften the mixture and allow it to be poured.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture into the wells and gently tap or shake to smooth it.
- Place in the freezer for about 5 minutes
- Spoon enough chocolate on top of the peanut butter to cover it and shake or tap the mold/cup to smooth the top
- Refrigerate until cold
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Here are some more recipes you’ll love