Broccoli is an incredibly diverse veggie! It can be enjoyed raw, or in a variety of dishes! In this Rainbow Broccoli Salad recipe, the veggie steals the show and entices your family to go back for a second helping of veggies!
This salad is packed full of amazing flavors! I think most of us have had (and loved) broccoli salad with bacon and grapes but adding in more veggies just adds extra flavor and crunch! Of course, the broccoli is the star of the show in this side dish, but the purple cabbage, carrot, onion, and peppers all play important supporting roles with this salad!
Rainbow Broccoli Salad brings a delicious helping of color to your plate and pairs perfectly with a variety of dishes from chicken on the grill to pizza night!
The easy homemade dressing is creamy and delicious with just a few simple ingredients you likely already have on hand! If you like nuts or sunflower seeds, they also make a great addition to this salad. (And if you’re looking for a vegetarian broccoli salad, this can easily be made with no bacon)!
Your family and friends are going to ask you for this recipe if you take this salad along to any BBQs or Picnics this spring… so be sure to print a few extra copies!
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
Rainbow Broccoli Salad
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese diced
- ¾ cup carrots shredded or julienned
- 1 cup purple cabbage chopped
- ¼ cup red onion sliced
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- Set aside 1 tablespoon bacon bits for garnish.
- Toss all vegetables, cheese and bacon in a large bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl, add to vegetables and toss to combine.
- Garnish with reserved bacon bits and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
More Recipes You’ll Love