This colorful Farmers Market Salad is fresh twist on a tortellini salad and perfect as a side or main dish!
Tender tortellini is cooked and cooled and then tossed with a variety of fresh veggies and cheese in a quick homemade dressing. SO EASY!!
Cheesy Tortellini Salad
We are absolutely in love with this salad!
- It is packed with tasty ingredients
- The fresh dressing is homemade and takes just a minute to make.
- Swap out the veggies below for your faves or even leftover roasted or grilled vegetables.
- This dish can be made ahead of time and keeps for days.
- It’s great as a side dish or hearty enough as a main dish.
PASTA We prefer cheese tortellini as this salad is served chilled!
VEGGIES Colorful additions make this tortellini salad both beautiful and delicious! We’ve used our favorite tex-mex inspired veggies making sure to vary colors and textures.
How to Make Farmers Market Salad
Farmers Market Salad may be quick and easy, but it’s an impressive salad!
- Cook tortellini al dente. Rinse, drain, and cool.
- Combine all ingredients, including cooled tortellini.
- Place dressing in a jar and shake well. Toss with tortellini mixture.
Refrigerate at least an hour before serving. Add avocado right before serving.
For pasta salads, always add a bit more dressing than you think you’ll need. As it chills (which helps the flavors to blend), the pasta will absorb some of the dressing.
Tips for Tortellini Salad
- Cook pasta al dente (firm) as it will soften slightly in the dressing.
- Dress the salad generously as it will absorb the dressing as it sits.
- Refrigerate the salad before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
- This a great make-ahead salad! Put the finished salad in a serving bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
- For a dressing short cut, use pre-packaged jarred pesto with olive oil or another favorite vinaigrette.
Favorite Cold Salads
- Classic Macaroni Salad – easy to make ahead
- Broccoli Salad
- Easy Greek Pasta Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad – favorite
- Caesar Salad
- Pesto Pasta Salad – great for potlucks
Did you make this Farmers Market Salad? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Farmers Market Salad
- ½ pound cheese tortellini fresh
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- ¼ cup carrot shredded
- ½ avocado diced
- ½ bell pepper diced
- ⅓ cup black olives
- ⅓ cup cilantro fresh, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and diced
- 2 green onions finely sliced
- ½ cup cilantro lime vinaigrette
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt & pepper or to taste
- Cook tortellini al dente (firm) according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cool water.
- Combine cooled tortellini in a large bowl with all ingredients except avocado and dressing.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl, toss into the tortellini mixture. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving, tossing occasionally.
- Add avocado just before serving.
Dress the salad generously as it will absorb dressing as it sits.
Refrigerate the salad before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
This a great make-ahead salad! Put the finished salad in a serving bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
For a dressing short cut, use pre-packaged jarred pesto with olive oil or another favorite vinaigrette.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)