Hot Dog Chili is the perfect way to make top dogs! A zesty beanless chili in about 15 minutes, this recipe has ground beef, tomato sauce, and seasonings for the perfect topper!
What is Hot Dog Chili Sauce?
This Southern sauce is a staple at diners, drive-in’s and homes from Louisiana to Texas and once you try it, you’ll want to keep a stash of it in your fridge for everything!
It’s the all-purpose condiment that replaces ketchup, mustard, relish, and onions! A total one-step and you’re done condiment that is fresh, tangy, and totally versatile!
Unlike a traditional ground beef chili recipe, this one skips the beans. Fresh beef, tomato sauce, and some seasonings, and you’ve got a tasty sauce that you can customize. Make it spicy or sweet as you please!
To Make Hot Dog Chili
This Hot Dog Chili Sauce is so delicious and so easy to make. With just two steps you can have this simmering away in no time!
- Cook ground beef and onions (per recipe below).
- Mix all ingredients together and simmer until it reaches your preferred thickness.
Spoon over hot dogs and serve with a side of french fries for a ‘ballpark’ meal everyone will love!
Other Delicious Chili Dog Toppings
Hot dogs are the perfect grab-and-go vehicle for whatever you want! Here is a list of my favorites!
- Veggies: diced or fried onions, sundried tomatoes, jalapenos, or pepperoncini.
- Cheese: shredded cheddar cheese, mozzarella, or spicy habanero!
- Sauces: pickle relish, sour cream, salsa, or hot sauce.
- Other: black olives, black beans, or bacon bits.
How Long Will It Last?
Hot dog chili sauce won’t last long when you see all the great things it can be used for! Till then, store in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid or Tupperware in the fridge.
It will keep about 3-4 days but if you have extras you can and freeze it for a few months!
More Chili Favorites
- Easy White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Chili
- The Best Chili Recipe
- Turkey Chili
- Easy CrockPot Chili Recipe
Quick Hot Dog Chili
- 1 pound lean ground beef 80/20
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup beef stock or broth
- In a 12" skillet brown ground beef and onions over medium-high heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes or until the stock has cooked down and the chili sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Spoon over cooked hot dogs and enjoy!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!