There’s nothing better than a meal which is ready when you are. This slow cooker chicken dish is simple and delicious, and can be changed up easily by using different barbeque sauce flavors and bread choices. For an extra level of flavor, you can sprinkle some shredded cheese or sliced green onions over the top.
I serve this along side a salad or corn on the cob for a simple meal that’s always a huge hit with the whole family!
Slow Cooker Bacon Barbecue Chicken Sliders
- 4 chicken breasts , boneless and skinless
- 1 bottle barbeque sauce (such as Kraft's Honey Roasted Garlic)
- 12 strips bacon
- 1 large onion , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 12 rolls (such as Hawaiian Honey Wheat rolls)
- In a large frying pan, fry the bacon until crispy and drain on paper towel.
- Leave 2 tbsp of bacon grease in the frying pan, then add the sliced onions, salt and sugar.
- Over medium-low heat, sauté the onions until they are soft and golden brown, stirring frequently. This will take about 15 minutes, during which time you can crumble the bacon and add the rest of the ingredients to the crockpot, except for the water.
- When the onions are golden brown and soft, add them to the crockpot as well.
- When the frying pan has cooled a bit, carefully pour the water into the pan and gently scrape up the browned bits of bacon and onion from the bottom. Pour it into the crockpot.
- Mix everything together thoroughly.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 6 hours.
- Serve on buns, or over rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles, as desired.