Is it a dessert or a dip? Chocolate Hummus is both a delicious snack and a healthy dessert!
Smooth, creamy, nutty hummus is made especially decadent with chocolate! Make this homemade healthy treat in minutes at home and snack on it all week long!
The decadent Chocolate Hummus recipe has been sponsored by Earth Echo Foods.
Healthy & Hearty Chocolate Hummus!
- Why buy chocolate hummus at the store when it’s just as easy (and even healthier) to make at home in minutes?
- This tastes like a dessert but it’s healthy!
- It’s so easy to make; toss everything into the food processer (or a high-power blender), pulse, and serve!
- Feel good about letting the kids dip, scoop, or spread this delicious hummus on all kinds of foods!
- Spread it on bagels or toast or swirl some into a healthy, nutritious smoothie. Or, eat chocolate hummus with Overnight Oats.
What is Chocolate Hummus?
Dessert has never been so good (or healthy!).
Hummus is traditionally a savory dip made with chickpeas. In this recipe, we swap out the savory flavors for chocolate, vanilla, and sweetener. It’s still healthy chickpea dip but it tastes like a treat.
To pack in extra nutrition and flavor, we use power-packed Cacao Bliss in place of cocoa powder. This adds a boost in nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals while still making a decadent treat.
CHICKPEAS – (also called garbanzo beans) are loaded with fiber, protein, and tons of nutrition, and, just like traditional savory hummus, they are the base of this healthy dip.
TAHINI – Tahini is a sesame seed paste, similar in texture to peanut butter but a little bit thinner. You can substitute almond butter, cashew butter, or a natural peanut butter in this recipe.
CACAO BLISS – Cacao Bliss is truly a superfood mixture. We love that it adds a decadent flavor with no artificial flavors or sweeteners. It’s perfect to drink as a great way to start the morning but also in recipes from dips to smoothies, baked goods, and even in no-churn ice cream!
CACAO BLISS is a nutrient-dense superfood, with a rich chocolate flavor, made from raw cacao beans and a blend of ancient superfoods. Because it’s so nutrient dense and naturally sweetened it can make desserts and treats guilt-free.
You can find Cacao Bliss here, use the code PENNIES to save 15% on your next order.
SWEETENER – We use brown sugar but you can use maple syrup, a monkfruit sweetener, or a sweetener of your choice. Vanilla extract adds flavor to this dessert hummus recipe.
VARIATIONS – Make this yummy recipe and add all kinds of mix-ins! Nuts, coconut, chopped fresh or dried fruit, mini chocolate chips, even a little raspberry jam swirl.
How to Make Chocolate Hummus
Chocolate Hummus is the easiest dessert ever!
- Prepare garbanzo beans.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor (or high powered blender) & pulse.
- Add additional liquid or even almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time to reach desired consistency.
Serve with fruit, cookies, or pretzels.
PRO TIP: Save that liquid from the can of chickpeas (aka aquafaba) to thin out the hummus if needed. Then, freeze the rest of the liquid in ice cube trays to use in future recipes like thickening soups and sauces.
What to Dip in Chocolate Hummus
- FRUIT Sliced fruits like apples, strawberries, bananas, and or other berries, even pineapple rings are yummy spread with chocolate hummus!
- SALTY Whole-wheat pretzels, potato chips, Ritz crackers, cheez-its, or even nuts!
- SWEET Try some Nilla wafers, Nutter Butter cookies, graham crackers, or even spoon it over waffles or pancakes.
How to Store Chocolate Hummus
Keep chocolate hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Before serving again, stir the hummus thoroughly.
Chocolate hummus can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge and stir before serving.
More No Bake Chocolate Favorites
- Chocolate Granola
- No Bake Cookies
- Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Old Fashioned Chocolate Icebox Cake
- Easy No Bake Energy Balls
What else do you like to dip in Chocolate Hummus? Let us know in a comment below!
- 15 ounces canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas) unsalted, juices reserved
- ⅓ cup Cacao Bliss
- 3 tablespoons tahini or peanut butter
- ⅓ tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Drain the garbanzo beans reserving the liquid. Rinse the beans well and place on a paper towel. Rub the beans with the paper towel to remove some of the skins.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor except reserved juices.
- Pulse a few times to get the blending started. Add in reserved juice (3-4 tablespoons) a bit at a time until you reach desired consistency.
- Serve with berries, cookies or pretzels.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!