Chocolate Granola is an easy homemade snack or breakfast that we can’t get enough of!
This is an easy healthy recipe that tastes indulgent and can easily be changed up based on what you have on hand.
The Chocolate Granola recipe has been sponsored by Earth Echo Foods.
An Easy Granola Recipe
- Chocolate granola is a fun level up from our usual granola recipe and you can mix and match ingredients.
- Tastes like a treat but is packed with healthy nuts and seeds and includes Cacao Bliss for an extra boost in nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- Eat by the handful, sprinkle in yogurt for a parfait or serve in a bowl with milk.
- No processed chemicals, dyes, or preservatives!
What’s in Chocolate Granola?
BASE: Good granola starts with a base like oats, coconut, seeds, and nuts like pecans or almonds. Then it needs a binder that holds everything together like honey or peanut butter.
CHOCOLATE: Dark chocolate chips make this taste indulgent, while Cacao Bliss is added to the mixture for a chocolatey flavor throughout and an extra dose of powerful nutrients and antioxidants.
ADD-INS: Nuts, pumpkin seeds, and flax seeds add flavor and texture. Use any kind of nuts or seeds that you have on hand.
VARIATIONS: Almost anything can be added to chocolate granola as long as it sticks together! Chopped dried fruit, other nuts, white chocolate chips, sunflower, pumpkin, or hemp seeds.
What is Cacao Bliss?
CACAO BLISS is made from raw cacao beans and a blend of ancient superfoods and has a rich chocolatey flavor. It can be enjoyed as a drink or used to replace cocoa powder in recipes for a healthy boost!
Cacao bliss is a total nutritional powerhouse with no artificial sugars, fats, or chemicals and is naturally sweetened with healthy sweeteners.
You can find Cacao Bliss here, use the code PENNIES to save 15% on your next order.
How to Make Chocolate Granola
Have this granola ready for breakfast!
- Combine ingredients in a bowl (except for chocolate chips).
- Spread mixture in a prepared pan. Press together.
- Bake until golden brown stirring occasionally. (As per recipe below)
- Remove from oven & press the mixture. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
- Cool & break into pieces before serving.
Press the granola while it comes out of the oven to help it stick together. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over top before it cools. The heat from the granola will melt them just enough that they will stick to the mixture.
Cool completely in the fridge to help the chocolate chips set.
How to Serve Granola
Granola can be eaten by the handful as a snack right from the bowl.
How to Store Granola
Keep chocolate granola in a sealed container at room temperature for up to a week.
If it’s too chewy, store it with a slice of bread to soak up the extra moisture.
Quick & Easy Breakfasts
- Easy No Bake Energy Balls – perfect grab & go snack
- Peanut Butter Granola – so crunchy & flavorful
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal – serve hot or cold
- Easy Homemade Granola
- Banana Bread Baked Oats – a make-ahead meal
- Brown Sugar Baked Oatmeal – great for a crowd
- Pumpkin Spice Granola
Did you make this Chocolate Granola? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup nuts chopped, or pecans or almonds
- ½ cup coconut
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup seeds pumpkin or sunflower
- 2 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds or hemp seeds
- 2 scoops Cacao Bliss
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips or raisins, optional
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a large pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients except raisins and/or chocolate chips in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Spread onto prepared pan and press the mixture so it sticks together.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and stir in raisins if using. Cool 15 minutes and then sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Place the pan in the fridge and cool completely. Break into pieces.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)