My kids love pizza and this was a fun take on the usual! These also make great lunches because, just like pizza pockets, the kids can just pop them in their lunch and heat them up for 30 seconds before eating!
If you’re putting different ingredients in them, save a tiny piece to put on top and that makes it easy to tell what’s inside of each one! You can use shredded or cubed mozzarella cheese for these!
The easiest way to seal the biscuits is to fold it like a taco, pinch the edges shut and then bring the corners under to make it round. When you bake them, you might see a little bit of cheese leak out of some of them, don’t worry, there will still be lots left inside!
Items you’ll need for this recipe:
Pizza Bombs (Homemade Pizza Pockets)
- 1 can of Pillsbury biscuits 10 biscuits
- 10 cubes mozzarella cheese approx 3/4 oz each
- 5 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 10-15 tablespoons of your favorite pizza toppings see note below
- Shredded cheese & italian seasoning for topping
- Pizza Sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll each biscuit out very thin. Add ½ tablespoon sauce to each biscuit. Place one cube of cheese and 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons toppings on each.
- Fold the biscuits is to fold it in half (like a taco), pinch the edges shut and then bring the corners under and roll to make a ball.
- Top each pizza bomb with a sprinkle of shredded cheese & seasoning.
- Place biscuits on a parchment lined pan seam side down.
- Put them in the oven and lower the heat to 350°F. Bake 13-16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)