I love poached eggs and when I’m serving a crowd, it’s easy to do a whole batch in the oven!
These are great served over avocado toast or made into a classic eggs benny or served on their own as an inexpensive and protein-rich way to start the day.
Perfect Poached Eggs
We love to cook recipes in new, easy ways that produce perfect results.
- Poaching eggs in the oven is hands-off and simple to do.
- It’s a great way to make several eggs at once (perfect for feeding a crowd).
- Cleanup is easy.
How to Poach Eggs in the Oven
Make poached eggs in the oven the easy no-mess way!
- Grease muffin tins and add a bit of water in each (per the recipe below).
- Crack one egg into each tin, season.
- Bake eggs until the whites are set and the yolk is still a bit jiggly, about 12-15 minutes or to desired doneness.
Check them for doneness! When you remove the eggs from the oven, they may appear to be uncooked. This is likely the water floating on top of the egg white.
More Ways to Cook Eggs
- Air Fryer Eggs (Boiled Eggs)
- How to Make Poached Eggs
- Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
- Easy Baked Eggs
- Microwaved Poached Eggs
- How to Make Fried Eggs
- Air Fryer Egg Bites
- Basted Eggs
- Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
To Cook Eggs in a Steam Oven
- To cook several eggs at once, keep them in their cardboard container and place them in a convection oven.
- Using the steam setting, cook the eggs for 5 to 7 minutes. Let the carton with the cooked eggs in it cool for 10 minutes.
Tips for Poaching Eggs
- Set a timer for poaching eggs to be sure they don’t overcook.
- The whites will continue to cook once they are removed from the oven.
- Remove the eggs from the pan right away or the heat from the pan will continue to cook the eggs and they can become overcooked.
Did you make these Oven Poached Eggs? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Oven Poached Eggs
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a muffin tray pour 1 tablespoon of water into each cup you are using.
- Crack 1 egg into each cup and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until egg whites are set and the yolk is still runny.
- Use a slotted spoon or small spatula to remove them.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)