Grape ice cream is rich and sweet with plump little pieces of grapes and no eggs, no rock salt, and no heavy churning or equipment needed!
Few activities are more fun than making homemade ice cream! This recipe makes grape ice cream without an ice cream machine! This is the one and only homemade ice cream recipe you’ll ever need!
No-Churn Grape Ice Cream
We love vanilla ice cream but it’s fun to doctor it up a bit too!
- Homemade ice cream is the best! And this recipe makes it easy, fun, and a real treat to make for every day or on special occasions!
- Make ice cream easily with only 5 ingredients, a mixing bowl, and a loaf pan!
- No ice cream maker needed!
- Add other fruits or even swirls of peanut butter to make a fun PB&J inspired recipe.
What’s in Grape Ice Cream?
DAIRY: The key to that rich and creamy ice cream goodness is sweetened condensed milk and heavy whipping cream. Once beaten to stiff peaks, the whipped cream is gently folded in.
FLAVOR: It’s very rare I’ll post a recipe that needs a seemingly unusual ingredient but this recipe needs grape flavoring. I use LorAnns Oil grape flavoring which adds both color and grape flavoring to this recipe. You can find it online on Amazon or at cake decorating stores or sometimes even at craft stores that carry baking supplies or Walmart online (I haven’t checked in stores).
FRESH GRAPES: Choose purple seedless grapes for this recipe.
JELLY: Grape jelly is added at the end to swirl into the ice cream and add a pretty jelly swirl. This is optional.
MIX IT UP: Use this basic recipe and swap out the fruit (and flavoring) if you’d like.
- Strawberry Jelly and Diced Strawberries
- Blueberry Jelly and whole Blueberries
- Orange Marmalade and Diced Tangerines
How to Make Homemade Ice Cream
This is the easiest ice cream recipe ever! A little prep is all it takes for a dreamy, creamy dessert that will disappear in seconds!
- Prepare grapes, set aside.
- Combine the first two ingredients in the recipe below in a large bowl & set aside.
- Fold whipped cream into sweetened condensed milk & add grapes. Drizzle in grape jelly.
- Freeze until set.
Avoiding Icy Ice Cream
Easy peasy! Before putting ice cream in the freezer, cover it securely with a piece of plastic wrap. Tuck it all around the ice cream to make a seal. If ice crystals do form, simply stir it thoroughly before serving to break up and incorporate any ice crystals.
How to Store and How Long Does it Last?
Keep homemade no-churn ice cream airtight in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. After that, ice crystals may form. Use the tip above to eliminate them.
From Freezer to Bowl!
- Old Fashioned Chocolate Icebox Cake – deliciously decadent
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream – loaded with cookie dough
- Key Lime Pie Ice Cream – sweet & tart
- Mint Oreo Fudge Ice Cream Cake – perfect for a potluck or party
- Cherry Fluff Salad – fresh & flavorful
Did you make this No-Churn Grape Ice Cream? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
No Churn Grape Ice Cream
- 1 cup finely chopped purple grapes
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons grape flavoring
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup grape jelly optional
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Place in the freezer along with two large mixing bowls for steps 3 & 4.
- Wash grapes and pat dry. Chop into small pieces and place on a double layer of paper towel. Press gently to remove any liquid.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and grape flavoring in a large chilled bowl.
- In the other chilled bowl, whip heavy cream on medium-high until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk. Fold in grapes.
- Place grape jelly in a bowl and whisk until slightly smooth. Place in a zip-top bag and snip off a small corner.
- Spread half of the ice cream mixture into the prepared pan. Squeeze half of the jelly over the ice cream mixture. Top with the remaining ice cream mixture and drizzle with the remaining jelly. Swirl with a knife.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)