This is ahhhh-mazing! For real! It was my first ice cream cake and now I wonder… why did I not make one sooner? Why on earth did I bake all of those cakes all these years when my kids would’ve been just as happy (or happier) with an ice cream cake that takes just a few minutes to make!
This was easy, delicious and gorgeous! I made my own fudge sauce which took all of 5 minutes and was TOTALLY worth it! Ice cream cakes are my new favorite dessert! Easy, quick and perfect for summer!
Click print here ↓
Oreo Fudge Ice Cream Cake
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 40 Oreo (or Mint Oreo) cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 pint Mint Chocolate Ice Cream softened (or your favorite flavor)
- 1 tub cool whip
- 2 cups fudge sauce store bought
or (it's worth it to make the recipe below. Easy and so delicious)
- 5 Minute Wicked Fudge Sauce
- Crush Oreos in a ziploc bag (including cream center). You don't want the pieces too small, you just want them broken up. Add melted butter and mix well.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Put 1 cup of the Oreo mixture in the pan and press down. Add half of the ice cream and spread over the oreos. Top with 1/2-3/4 cup fudge sauce and 2/3 cup crushed Oreos. Repeat layers again. Top with Cool Whip & remaining crumbs. Freeze 4 hours or overnight.
- To remove from pan quickly dip in hot water for about 5 seconds. The cake will lift out. Slice and serve with extra fudge sauce if desired.