This is ahhhh-mazing! For real! It was my first ice cream cake and now I wonder… why did I not make one sooner? Why on earth did I bake all of those cakes all these years when my kids would’ve been just as happy (or happier) with an ice cream cake that takes just a few minutes to make!
This was easy, delicious and gorgeous! I made my own fudge sauce which took all of 5 minutes and was TOTALLY worth it! Ice cream cakes are my new favorite dessert! Easy, quick and perfect for summer!
Click print here ↓
Oreo Fudge Ice Cream Cake
- 40 Oreo (or Mint Oreo) cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 pint mint chocolate ice cream softened (or your favorite flavor)
- 1 tub cool whip
- 2 cups fudge sauce store bought
or (it's worth it to make the recipe below. Easy and so delicious)
- Crush Oreos in a ziploc bag (including cream center). You don't want the pieces too small, you just want them broken up. Add melted butter and mix well.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Put 1 cup of the Oreo mixture in the pan and press down. Add half of the ice cream and spread over the oreos. Top with ½-¾ cup fudge sauce and ⅔ cup crushed Oreos. Repeat layers again. Top with Cool Whip & remaining crumbs. Freeze 4 hours or overnight.
- To remove from pan quickly dip in hot water for about 5 seconds. The cake will lift out. Slice and serve with extra fudge sauce if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)