Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream is the perfect sweet treat pairing!
Chocolate chip cookie dough and creamy homemade ice cream swirled together are definitely hard to resist!
The best part is that no ice cream maker is needed, so anyone can make this easy recipe!
An Ice Cream Favorite Flavor
Ben & Jerry were onto something when they invented chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream in 1984 and it’s been a hit ever since!
- Just a few ingredients, make cookie dough ice cream at home easily.
- No special equipment or ice cream makers is needed.
- Mix and match your fave flavors and add-ins to create a new recipe every time.
- Add a few scoops to a bowl with some chocolate sauce or fresh fruit.
Ingredients in Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Make and eat cookie dough ice cream in a bowl, a cone, as an ice cream sandwich, or between layers of a cake!
Cookie Dough – These little bits make this so much more fun than vanilla ice cream. Make homemade cookie dough from scratch, or if you’re short on time, use ready-made cookie dough in any flavor you like!
How to Make Cookie Dough Ice Cream
No ice cream machine, no churning, and no equipment required!
- Prepare the cookie dough (per the recipe below) if making it from scratch.
- Make whipped cream and fold it into sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- Add the cookie dough chunks and chocolate chips and freeze.
That’s literally all there is to it.
Pro Tips & Tricks
- Flour should be heat treated and cooled by baking in the oven. This will kill harmful bacteria and ensure your cookie dough is safe to eat.
- Chill the mixing bowls, beaters, and loaf pan before beginning.
- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper for easy ice cream removal (and to make slicing for ice cream sandwiches or cake filling easy).
- If adding crushed cookies, cereal, or nuts, crush them up easily and cleanly by placing them in a zippered bag and going over them with a rolling pin.
- When storing cookie dough ice cream, keep it in a freezer-safe container with a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the exposed surface of the ice cream to prevent air from altering the flavor and freezer burn.
Did your family love this Cookie Dough Ice Cream? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
Edible Cookie Dough (or use store bought if preferred)
- 1 cup flour* see note
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
To Make Edible Cookie Dough (or use store bought)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread flour onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- Beat butter and sugars with a hand mixer until fluffy. Mix in milk and vanilla.
- Add cooled flour a little bit at a time until incorporated and the dough reaches desired consistency. You may not need all of the flour. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place a large bowl in the freezer.
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Place in the freezer.
- Break the cookie dough into small pieces and set aside.
- Whip heavy cream in a bowl on medium high until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer and add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream. Fold in cookie dough and chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!