This Tex Mex Slow Cooker Breakfast is the perfect easy recipe for an effortless morning meal! Layers of tender hashbrowns, sausage and bell peppers are combined with a perfectly seasoned egg mixture.
The whole thing is topped off with cheddar cheese and cooks effortlessly in your slow cooker while you’re enjoying morning coffee with your guests. A perfect delicious fiesta of flavors, this will definitely become a breakfast go-to!
I am so excited to have partnered with McCormick to bring you this recipe.
I love using my slow cooker to prepare meals ahead of time, especially when I’m feeding a crowd!
With layers of hashbrowns, sausage and crisp fresh bell peppers, this Slow Cooker Breakfast is seasoned perfectly with taco seasoning (and of course a generous serving of cheddar cheese).
The evening before I brown the meat and chop all of the vegetables. In the morning it’s as simple as layering everything in the slow cooker and turning it on.
While I have used sausage, peppers and onions as the main add ins in this slow cooker breakfast, you can add all of your favorites, like ham, corn, black beans, cooked mushrooms, tomatoes, or whatever else you might have in the fridge.
If you want to keep things a bit more simple, just use the seasoning and the eggs for a quick and easy dish that is loaded with tons of flavor!
I make this with shredded hashbrown potatoes but you can also use diced hashbrowns or even leftover roasted potatoes if you happen to have them on hand! If not, you can sub out the potatoes for cornbread or bread to create a strata style breakfast casserole!
Serve it with salsa, guacamole, sour cream and garnish with green onion or fresh parsley! Not only flavorful, but so beautiful!
Tex Mex Slow Cooker Breakfast
- ¾ pound ground sausage
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups refrigerated or frozen hash brown potatoes
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ½ green bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro optional
- 1 tablespoon green onion
- Brown ground sausage and onion until no pink remains. Drain any fat and set aside
- Combine eggs, milk and Seasoning Mix in a large bowl. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer hash browns, cooked sausage, red and green pepper and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Pour egg mixture over everything.
- Cover and cook 2 ½ hours on high or 4 – 4 ½ hours on low or until eggs are set.
- Garnish with green onion.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
I am so excited to have partnered with McCormick to bring you this belly warming recipe. While I was compensated for this post, all thoughts and opinions (and this yummy recipe) are my own. Working with the brands I love allows me to keep bringing you the great recipes you love!