Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are a light, fluffy sweet roll filled with a pumpkin filling, and glazed with a pumpkin pie cream cheese icing. A yummy fall treat, any time of year!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, a Perfect Fall Treat
This Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls recipe can be made in only 1 hour to 90 minutes, and are the perfect fall treat. These sweet rolls are light, fluffy, and full of Fall flavor. And an absolute favorite around these parts!
I am a pretty big fan of cinnamon rolls, but when Fall comes along, I like to hop on the pumpkin bandwagon, with everything from pumpkin pie ice cream to pumpkin hot chocolate. I just love taking my favorite classics, like these Easy 1 Hour Cinnamon Rolls, and giving them a pumpkin twist. The filling and the cream cheese frosting both got a makeover and let me tell you, it is something special!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are Quick and Easy!
Because these Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are so quick and easy to make, and are just so yummy, we make them far more than I care to admit. In fact, most of the kids in the neighborhood know that we make cinnamon rolls or pumpkin sweet rolls on the regular, and often come knocking to see if we have any. I like sharing. Because it means I will eat less, and when it comes to these, it is hard to say no, so I have to get them out of the house.
These sweet rolls offer those nostalgic and classic Fall flavors, with the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and of course the pumpkin itself. If you love pumpkin be sure to check out these Frosted Pumpkin Cookies. So delish!
How to Make Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
I went pretty light on the filling with these because I didn’t want it oozing out everywhere, but if you want an even more intense pumpkin flavor, or a thicker filling, double the filling recipe, and cook a little longer.
The beauty about these sweet rolls is that you can customize them as you see fit. Add a little more filling or a little less icing.
And, it does make a lot! Like totally a share-worthy recipe. But if you want to cut the recipe in half, feel free to do so. It calls for 3 large eggs, so either substitute 2 medium-sized eggs, or mix up the 3 large eggs in a bowl, and dump half of it in.
You can also freeze these pumpkin cinnamon rolls for later. If we make a batch and I know they aren’t going to get eaten, I pop half in freezer bags and we just warm them up and eat them later. Mmmmm.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 1/2 cups warm water 110 degrees
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 6 tablespoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 10 1/2 -11 cups flour
- Oil for the counter 1-2 Tbs should be enough
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4-6 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine warm water, sugar, oil, and yeast and stir it a couple of times.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F.
Let yeast mixture sit for a full 15 minutes. Then add salt and eggs and mix for 1 minute.
- Slowly add flour, start with 8 cups, and mix, gradually adding the last 2 1/2-3 cups. Pay attention to the dough. If it appears too wet, add a little more flour.
- Once all the flour is added, let mixer knead for 10 minutes with a dough hook. (Can use Larger Kitchen Aid, if using a smaller one, keep an eye on it, and push it down if it climbs the dough hook). Or knead by hand for 10 minutes.
- After kneading, let dough rise for 10 minutes until double in size. It will take longer if your kitchen is cold.
- After it has doubled in size, pour a little oil on the counter, and dump the dough onto it.
- Divide the dough in half, and using your hands, press it into a rectangle.
- In a separate bowl, mix together filling ingredients and then spread half of the filling mixture over the dough.
- Tightly roll into a log and cut into 12 even sized pieces.
- Repeat with the remaining dough, and the other half of the filling.
- Place on baking tray and let rise for 5-10 more minutes. They will continue to rise in the oven. You want them to be nice and big, so if your kitchen is cold it may take longer. You should have 24 rolls total.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and let cool.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese frosting ingredients together, and spread over rolls while still warm.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Hope you love these Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls as much as we do!
More Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love