Lemon Vinaigrette is a fresh and light recipe that is so flavourful and bright!
Tangy lemon, olive oil & our favorite fresh herbs make the perfect topper for a fresh salad! You will want to make this one over and over again! It is great on a tossed salad but it is also a delicious marinade for grilled chicken breasts or fish!
Skip store bought salad dressing when making your own salad dressing is cheaper and tastes so much better! Why stop there!? Mix a little lemon vinaigrette dressing into a little sour cream and you have an instant mouth watering dip for freshly cut raw veggies!
Lemon Vinaigrette Ingredients
All kinds of delicious things can go into a Lemon Dijon vinaigrette, but the basics are always the same!
- Base: olive oil (can substitute vegetable oil) & vinegar (white vinegar or even balsamic vinegar)
- Bold Flavors: mustard (preferably a dark, grainy Dijon blend), minced or powdered garlic
- Seasonings: any combination of freshly chopped herbs, salt and pepper
How to Make Lemon Vinaigrette
The fun part about this easy dressing is that once you combine all the ingredients in a jar, you simply give it a strong shake and you’re done! Sounds like a great job for a little chef in the kitchen!
- Put all the ingredients in a jar or contained with a tight-fitting lid!
- Toss in a few chopped herbs of your choice! We recommend: chives, dill or parsley!
- And shake it all up!
Try using some fresh basil as your herb! A lemon basil vinaigrette makes a great dip for veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, or carrots because it is bright, tangy and a little bit savory. Mix lemon vinaigrette into some melted butter and use as a dip for artichoke leaves or over your favorite pasta salad recipe!
How Long Does Lemon Vinaigrette Last?
Store your vinaigrette dressing in a tightly closed container (I keep mine in a mason jar with a salad dressing lid) or in a drip-free salad dressing bottle! You can even use an old salad dressing bottle to store it!
Any variation of lemon vinaigrette will keep up to one week in the refrigerator. It will hardly last that long, though, because there are so many tasty ways to use it!
Try These Dressings on Your Next Summer Salad!
- Italian Dressing – classic dressing recipe
- Honey Mustard Dressing – dressing with a yummy kick!
- Blue Cheese Dressing – sharp flavors, perfect as a dip
- Balsamic Vinaigrette – delicious as a bread dip!
- Avocado Dressing and Dip – delicious but super easy to make
- Cilantro Lime Dressing – fresh and flavorful vinaigrette
- ¼ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives and/or dill/parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a jar. Shake well to combine.
- Drizzle over salad to taste.
- Store in the refrigerator up to one week.