Red wine vinaigrette makes the perfect salad dressing or marinade.
Vinaigrettes are more than salad dressings. This bright and bold recipe has notes of lemon, garlic, and mustard with a touch of honey all whisked into an oil and vinegar base. This foolproof recipe is a keeper!
What is Red Wine Vinaigrette?
- Red wine vinegar comes from fermented red wine and has a deliciously versatile flavor profile that makes it a must-have in every kitchen!
- This classic recipe has multiple uses as a dressing, a marinade, or as a drizzle over grilled meats and vegetables to punch up the flavors!
- Homemade vinaigrettes can be tweaked to include herbs and spices that will complement any dish! So simple!
Vinegar – Red wine vinegar has a clean, bright, and tangy bite to it. If you don’t have red wine vinegar, try white wine vinegar or even champagne vinegar.
Oil – Olive oil is so versatile! Switch up the flavor profiles and use sesame oil, avocado oil, or canola.
Other – Dijon mustard adds flavor but it also helps emulsify the dressing (to keep it from separating). Honey is an emulsifier as well!
How to Make Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl except the oil.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil and whisk until the ingredients are fully combined.
- For best results, chill at least 2 hours before using.
How to Store Red Wine Vinaigrette
Keep red wine vinaigrette covered in the refrigerator, shake before using if needed.
Freeze red wine vinaigrette in ice cubes then transfer to a zippered bag. Let cubes thaw and whisk the dressing before using.
We Love it With:
- Easy Italian Salad – so flavorful!
- Easy Panzanella Salad – the best lunch dish
- Caprese Skewers – an amazing appetizer
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies – a one-pan meal
- Fresh Summer Salad – so bright & colorful
How do you use Red Wine Vinaigrette? Leave us a comment below!
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place all dressing ingredients, except oil, in a small bowl.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking.
- Once all of the oil has been added, season with salt & pepper to taste.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.