Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Carrots are extra easy peasy in the air fryer (but they can be made in the oven too)!
Sweet potatoes & carrots are cooked to tender perfection with a bit of brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt for the perfect side dish!
Easy Air-Fried Veggies
These can be oven roasted or air fried. If you’re new to air frying, you can find everything you need to know about air fryers here!
Veggies cooked in an air fryer are similar to roasted veggies and taste great because they come out caramelized!
Much like air fryer potatoes, they take a fraction of the time and come out fluffy inside and crispy on the outside.
VEGGIES Any kind of sweet potatoes and carrots work well in this recipe. Feel free to try rainbow-colored carrots or white/yellow sweet potatoes.
OIL/BUTTER Oil is great for making the seasonings stick and butter is added after cooking for flavor.
Sweet or Savory
- Brown sugar goes well with carrots and sweet potatoes, it’s great in this recipe to make a sweeter side with a dash of cinnamon.
- If you’d prefer a savory dish, carrots and sweet potatoes pair well with fresh thyme or dill.
- Either way, toss with butter and salt once they’ve cooked.
How to Roast Sweet Potatoes & Carrots
Just like most air fryer recipes, this cooked quickly compared to the oven version (but I’ve included directions for both below).
- Prepare sweet potatoes and carrots according to the recipe below.
- Toss veggies with all of the other ingredients except butter.
- Cook in the air fryer for about 15 minutes or in the oven for about 35 minutes.
- Toss with butter and serve.
- Store leftover sweet potatoes and carrots in an airtight container in the refrigerator and they’ll last about 3 days.
- Reheat them by placing them in a toaster oven or under the broiler for about 7 minutes.
- Freeze to add to soups or stews.
Fave Air Fryer Veggies
- Air Fryer Eggplant
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Garlic Butter Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Did you love these Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes and Carrots? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Carrots
- 3 cups sweet potatoes peeled and diced 1"
- 3 large carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon each salt & pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar optional
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Toss all ingredients except butter in a bowl.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Place into preheated air fryer. Cook 10 minutes.
- Shake basket and cook an additional 4-7 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
- Toss with butter and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
These are so quick and easy AND delicious! I love baked apples so i added some of those in as well! I have tried alot of sweet potato recipes but this is my absolute favorite! I love the nutmeg! They also taste great as leftovers too!
Apples sound like a great addition!
Thanks for the recipe. I love both separately. I will try this recipe. I never thought about putting these two together until now. This is an AMAZING ideal❤️❤️❤️❤️
Thank you for this recipe! It was sooooo good! I made them in my air fryer and the cooking time was spot on. I might cut the pepper in half next time only because my kids are sensitive to the tiniest bit of spice, but besides that I would say the seasoning is perfect. I used the tablespoon of brown sugar, and I thought it was just the right amount of sweetness.
Why thank YOU Jessica! I’m so glad you love the veggies!
Wow! The sweet potato and carrot recipe is sooo good. I have been making sweet potatoes for many years, but these are much better. Easy and very tasty.
How do you do it in the oven
Molly, you’ll see the instructions right in the recipe card. To roast in the oven, prepare as directed. Bake on a parchment-lined pan at 400°F for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
Thank you so much for this recipe I also needed oven instructions!! Thanks so much I am going to make it right now…Wish me luck..LoL…
Definitely try this recipe soon! Thank you for sharing!