Ground Beef and Rice Casserole is a hearty and comforting combination of flavors.
Simply mix rice, frozen veggies and ground beef into a simple easy to make sauce. Top it all with cheese and bake until bubbly!
Why We Love This Rice Casserole
Casseroles are easy to make, comforting and delicious, this recipe is no exception!
It’s versatile since you can use whatever veggies (or meats) that you happen to have on hand!
Cooking ground beef with onion adds lots of flavor. Using instant rice keeps the cook time quick while making a hearty meal.
Prepare this recipe in advance and bake just in time for dinner.
This recipe is so easily adaptable.
- Make it with chicken instead of ground beef.
- Make it with any “cream of” soup you have on hand
- If you don’t have Instant rice, add in any type of cooked rice can replace instant rice. If using cooked rice, reduce water to 1/2 cup.
- To replace frozen veggies, steam fresh veggies until tender crisp or use leftover veggies.
How To Make Ground Beef and Rice Casserole
It’s hard to find something this easy to make that still tastes terrific, but here it is!
- Brown ground beef with onions and garlic.
- Add all other ingredients and bake (per recipe below).
- Top with cheese and broil until bubbly and golden on top.
What To Serve With Ground Beef and Rice Casserole
This casserole is a full meal itself, especially with the addition of veggies. To stretch the meal or feed a crowd, add in one of the following:
Seal all leftovers in an airtight container. According to the USDA food storage guidelines, leftover dishes with meat added can be refrigerated for 3 to 4 days, and frozen for 2 to 3 months.
- Defrost overnight in the refrigerator.
- Mix well and place in a covered casserole dish.
- Reheat at 325° F until steaming hot and bubbly.
This can also be reheated in the microwave.
Easy Beef Casseroles
- Cheesy Beef & Macaroni Casserole – full of flavor
- Beef Taco Casserole – great freezer meal!
- Baked Penne Casserole – with meatballs!
- Beef Stroganoff Casserole – ultimate comfort food
- Stuffed Pepper Casserole – one-pot meal!
- Hamburger Potato Casserole – made with simple ingredients
Did you enjoy this Beef and Rice Casserole? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Ground Beef and Rice Casserole
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 can mushrooms sliced, drained
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 10 ounces spinach chopped, frozen and squeezed dry
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 10 ½ ounces cream of celery soup condensed
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup frozen veggies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown beef, onion and garlic until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Combine beef mixture with all remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Spread mixture into a 9x13 pan and bake covered for 40-45 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add cheese, broil for 3 mins or until golden.
- Replace ground beef with ground chicken (or rotisserie chicken).
- Any “cream of” soup will work in this recipe
- Replace instant rice with any type of cooked rice (reduce water to 1/2 cup if rice is cooked).
- To replace frozen veggies, steam fresh veggies until tender crisp or use leftover veggies
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)