This is the Perfect Layered Salad! Not only is is gorgeous, it tastes amazing! This salad has a simple homemade buttermilk ranch dressing which tastes both light and fresh.
Layered salad is easy to make and wonderful to bring to any gathering. The great thing about this recipe is that it’s extremely versatile! If you have other veggies you’d like to add or replace, pretty much any veggie works great! Once in a while I add a can of water chestnuts for some crunch or chopped chicken to make this into a main dish!
Overnight Layered Salad
- 4 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 2 cups frozen peas defrosted (uncooked)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes or sliced cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup celery
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Layer romaine, cabbage and peas. Top with 3/4 cup dressing.
- Layer tomatoes, lettuce, green onions, carrots & celery. Top with 3/4 cup dressing.
- Add cheese & bacon.
- Refrigerate until serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)