This recipe is simply delicious! Truly… it is super easy and makes a great side or appetizer!
I like to serve it up with a side of ranch!
Click print here ↓
Green Bean Fries
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 3/4 lb fresh green beans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon each thyme and oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- Oil for frying
- Seasoning salt
- Wash green beans. In a bowl, toss flour and seasonings except seasoning salt. In a second bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 cup water.
- Place the green beans in a large ziploc bag. Add about 3/4 cup of the flour mixture and shake well to coat. Using a fork, gently lift out about 6 beans and put them into the egg mixture. Using a fork, remove them from the egg mixture and into the flour mixture in the bowl. Toss to coat. (So it's Flour. Egg. Flour.)
- Place on a rack while coating the remaining beans. Gently tap the rack to remove excess flour before frying.
- Heat deep fryer or a couple of inches of oil in a pan to 360-375 degrees. Place the beans into the deep fryer or oil in small batches for about 3-4 minutes or until browned and crispy. Be sure not to overcrowd them. Remove from oil, drain on paper towels and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Serve hot with ranch.