These lightly battered green bean fries are a crisp and tasty appetizer.
Fresh green beans are tossed in a simple batter and then lightly deep fried until golden brown.
Serve these little bites with your favorite dips and watch them disappear.
A Tasty Appetizer Recipe
We love green bean fries and used to order them at a favorite restaraunt that has now shut down. We think they’re just as good at home and make for a great snack for dipping.
- Grown-ups and kids alike will love this crisp snack take on French fries.
- Fresh green beans (or other fresh veggies) can be used for a quick snack.
- These can be made in a deep fryer or in a shallow pan of oil on the stovetop.
- Green bean fries take just minutes to fry for a great snack.
How to Make Green Bean Fries
- Whisk all batter ingredients until smooth and dip the beans into the batter.
- Transfer coated green beans into a deep fryer or heated oil in a pan & cook per the recipe below.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove them & place them on a clean paper towel to drain. Season and enjoy.
Tips for Crispy Deep Fried Green Bean Fries
- Avoid crowding the pan or deep fryer so the pieces don’t stick together.
- Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes before dipping the green beans to create a lighter coating.
- Season the hot beans with salt immediately after removing from the oil.
- Serve green bean fries with your favorite dipping sauces, we love ranch or chipotle aioli.
More Crispy Veggies
Did you make these Green Bean Fries? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Green Bean Fries
- ¾ pound fresh green beans washed and trimmed
- oil for frying
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or dried dill optional
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Heat a deep fryer or a shallow pan of oil to 375°F.
- Trim the ends off the beans and ensure they are dry.
- Combine all batter ingredients together in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Using a fork dip the beans into the batter, a couple at a time, coating them completely.
- Place the beans into the deep fryer or oil in small batches for about 2-3 minutes or until browned and crispy. Don't overcrowd them.
- Remove from oil, drain on paper towels, and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.