These lightly battered green bean fries are a crisp and tasty appetizer.
Fresh green beans are tossed in a simple batter and then lightly deep fried until golden brown.
Serve these little bites with your favorite dips and watch them disappear.
A Tasty Appetizer Recipe
We love green bean fries and used to order them at a favorite restaraunt that has now shut down. We think they’re just as good at home and make for a great snack for dipping.
- Grown-ups and kids alike will love this crisp snack take on French fries.
- Fresh green beans (or other fresh veggies) can be used for a quick snack.
- These can be made in a deep fryer or in a shallow pan of oil on the stovetop.
- Green bean fries take just minutes to fry for a great snack.
How to Make Green Bean Fries
- Whisk all batter ingredients until smooth and dip the beans into the batter.
- Transfer coated green beans into a deep fryer or heated oil in a pan & cook per the recipe below.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove them & place them on a clean paper towel to drain. Season and enjoy.
Tips for Crispy Deep Fried Green Bean Fries
- Avoid crowding the pan or deep fryer so the pieces don’t stick together.
- Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes before dipping the green beans to create a lighter coating.
- Season the hot beans with salt immediately after removing from the oil.
- Serve green bean fries with your favorite dipping sauces, we love ranch or chipotle aioli.
More Crispy Veggies
Did you make these Green Bean Fries? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Green Bean Fries
- ¾ pound fresh green beans washed and trimmed
- oil for frying
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or dried dill optional
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Heat a deep fryer or a shallow pan of oil to 375°F.
- Trim the ends off the beans and ensure they are dry.
- Combine all batter ingredients together in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Using a fork dip the beans into the batter, a couple at a time, coating them completely.
- Place the beans into the deep fryer or oil in small batches for about 2-3 minutes or until browned and crispy. Don't overcrowd them.
- Remove from oil, drain on paper towels, and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Green Bean Favorites
- Bacon-Wrapped Green Bean Bundles – a gourmet side dish
- Sesame Air Fryer Green Beans – ready in minutes
- Szechuan Green Beans – spicy & savory
- Green Beans with Bacon – full of flavor
- Sauteed Green Beans – only a handful of ingredients
What is the dip recipe
We love to dip this in Homemade Ranch.
Would this work in an air fryer?
Hi Jan, check out the air fryer green beens recipe!
You got me hooked with the first recipe I saw then spent over an hour looking at more . Anxious to start cooking Thank You
Aww thank you so much for joining me! Happy Cooking!
I can’t wait to try some of these recipes
Thank you Jeanne!
Delightful recipes!!! Looking forward to trying many! Thank you :)
Love your side