This Bacon Green Bean recipe is an easy side dish, full of flavor and quick to make!
Fresh green beans are sauteed with bacon and garlic until tender crisp and then seasoned to perfection.
A Favorite Side
I love side dishes and veggies that are simple and don’t require a huge list of ingredients, green beans (with bacon of course) fit the bill perfectly!
GREEN BEANS Fresh green beans are the best option as they can be cooked to tender-crisp. Frozen (or even canned) will do in a pinch but have a softer texture.
BACON I prefer raw bacon (instead of pre-cooked) in this recipe as the little bit of bacon fat is used to cook the beans and it adds great flavor.
If you only have pre-cooked bacon (or real bacon bits) use a bit of butter to cook the beans.
FLAVOR Garlic adds lots of flavor but it can burn quickly so it is added at the very end of the recipe.
Options: Garnish with sliced almonds, parmesan cheese, or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Kitchen Tip: If topping these with nuts or seeds, cook them in a dry skillet until they are just barely browned. This intensifies their flavor and makes them extra crunchy!
To Prep Green Beans
- Rinse the beans and line a small handful of them up on a cutting board.
- Use a sharp knife to cut off the very tip. Line up the opposite end and cut of the tip on the other side.
Green beans can be prepped several days in advance. This makes them easy to cook (plus they’re great to snack on).
- Fry bacon until crispy & drain.
- Cook green beans in bacon fat until lightly browned.
- Add garlic, bacon, and seasoning according to the recipe below.
KITCHEN TIP: Save extra bacon fat in a glass jar in the refrigerator and use it for adding a bacon-y flavor to veggies, mashed potatoes, and stir-fries!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They’ll keep for up to 4 days.
- Reheat in the microwave or on the stove.
- Cooked bacon green beans can be frozen up to 10 months in a zippered bag with the date labeled on the outside.
Great Green Bean Recipes
- Green Beans Almondine – only 5 ingredients
- Roasted Green Beans
- Air Fryer Green Beans – use fresh or frozen
- Sesame Air Fryer Green Beans
- Classic Green Bean Casserole – a classic side dish
- Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
- Green Bean Salad – fresh & crunchy
Did you make these Green Beans with Bacon? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Green Beans with Bacon
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds green beans washed, ends trimmed
- 6 slices raw bacon chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Place chopped bacon into a frying pan and cook until crispy.
- Remove bacon and set aside on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Discard all but (approx) 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings.
- Turn heat to medium. Add green beans to pan and cook until they are lightly browned, stirring occasionally (about 8 minutes).
- Add garlic and bacon, toss and cook for 1 minute more.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!