Air fryer green beans are the perfect simple side. All you need is green beans, a touch of olive oil, and some salt & pepper.
An air fryer roasts almost any veggie perfectly in just minutes and cleanup is a total breeze.
Why We Love Air Fryer Green Beans
In case you haven’t noticed, I’m obsessed with my air fryer (I have this air fryer here). It’s perfect for so many meats and mains but also makes the best roasted veggies.
We love air fryer green beans because they are so incredibly simple.
They’re great as a side dish but also make a satisfying snack!
BEANS Fresh green beans are best for this recipe (although frozen do work).
SEASONING I’ve kept this simple with salt and pepper but add in your favorite seasonings, cheeses, or even bacon crumbles or a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
Swap it up and toss them in ranch seasoning or taco seasoning!
How to Make Air Fryer Green Beans
Air fryer green beans are as easy as 1-2-3!
- Wash and trim green beans.
- Toss with oil and season.
- Air fry according to the recipe instructions below
Serve them hot (with a bit of butter if you’d like)!
To Air Fry Frozen Beans
Prepare the recipe below as directed. Cook the beans directly from frozen for an additional 2-3 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
Tips & Tricks
- To prep green beans is to snap off both ends of the bean individually, pulling the small, stringy fibrous thread away.
- To trim green beans in bulk, stack up a pile of about 10 to 20 with the ends lined up. Using a sharp knife, slice off the ends all at once. Turn the pile around and cut the other ends off in the same manner. This creates uniform-sized green beans that are ready for the fryer!
- When purchasing, choose green beans that are bright green and unblemished. They should “snap” when broken in half.
- Frozen green beans work just as well as fresh in the air fryer! Simply add a minute or two to the cooking time.
More Air Fryer Faves
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips – so crispy
- Garlic Butter Air Fryer Mushrooms – ready in 20 minutes
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Carrots – so easy to make
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops – sweet & salty
- Crispy Air Fryer Shrimp – use fresh or frozen shrimp
- Air Fryer Roasted Carrots – with a tender-crisp crunch
Did you make these Air Fryer Green Beans? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Wash and trim green beans. Dab dry.
- Toss green beans with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F and cook green beans 9-11 minutes, shaking the basket after 6 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Senior new to airfrying. Just hubby & me (65 yrs in Sept) looking forward to learning more about my little air fryer. Your site looks like just the place. Thanks
I am obsessed with my Air Fryer, Connie! I hope you love it too! We have a whole section of air fryer recipes that are so delicious. Our current favorite is definitely the Air Fryer Whole Chicken. We make one at the beginning of the week and use it in easy summer recipes the rest of the week!