Everyone loves a hearty Corned Beef Sandwich! Piled high with corned beef, coleslaw, swiss cheese, served with Russian dressing held between two pieces of rye bread, corned beef sandwiches are delightfully messy, too!
What better way to use up leftover corned beef after St. Patrick’s Day, served hot or cold, this is the best recipe out there! Or pop this Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe in the slow cooker for a worry-free meal!
How to Make a Corned Beef Sandwich
With a handful of ingredients, this corned beef sandwich is ready in 3 simple steps!
- Toast 4 slices of rye bread and spread Dijon mustard on two of the slices (you can use yellow mustard if you prefer).
- Layer on the swiss cheese, corned beef, coleslaw and pickle slices.
- Spread the remaining two slices of bread with thousand island dressing (or Russian dressing) and top sandwiches.
Garnish with pickle spears on the side.
Aside from the standard coleslaw, swiss cheese, and pickles, there are lots of other things to stack on a corned beef sandwich!
- Caramelized onions or some sautéed sliced mushrooms
- Pepperoncini and jalapenos are a good substitute for the pickles to spice it up.
- Or swap out the classic coleslaw for a tangy dill pickle coleslaw.
- Thinly sliced tomatoes will add a punch of color and flavor, too.
Feel free to get creative as long as you don’t skimp on the piles and piles of sliced corned beef!
More Ways to Enjoy Leftover Corned Beef
- Corned Beef Casserole with Cabbage
- Reuben Roll Ups
- Corned Beef Hash
- Reuben Casserole
- Reuben Pasta Salad
Corned Beef Sandwich
- 4 slices rye bread
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons thousand island dressing or Russian dressing
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared colelsaw
- dill pickle slices optional
- 6 oz sliced cooked corned beef
- Lightly toast bread. Spread 2 slices with dijon mustard.
- Layer with swiss cheese, corned beef, coleslaw and dill pickle slices.
- Spread thousand island dressing on the remaining 2 slices.
- Top sandwiches and serve with a pickle.
Fave Sandwich Recipes
- Turkey Sandwich – great for leftovers!
- Monte Cristo Sandwich – great lunch option!
- Club Sandwich – the perfect bite
- Reuben Sandwich – my husband fav!
- French Dip Sandwich– deliciously messy