Coconut Macaroon Bird’s Nest Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
How to Make Coconut Macaroon Bird’s Nest Cookies
Pin now to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Spring is a beautiful time to celebrate rebirth, everything coming back refreshed and new. These adorable little nests are sure to bring smiles to your guests’ faces! :)
Coconut Macaroon Birds Nest Cookies
- 2/3 cup flour
- 5 1/3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Small egg-shaped candies , such as peanut m&ms, jellybeans, or malted milk candy-coated eggs
- Blend together all ingredients except for vegetable oil and mini eggs.
- Drop a rounded tablespoon of coconut batter onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. These cookies won't spread much so just an inch or so of space between them is needed.
- Dip the tip of your finger in the vegetable oil, then gently press the middle of the coconut batter to create a deep and wide well, shaping it like a nest.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, watching carefully, until the edges start to become light golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and let them rest on the parchment paper until cooled.
- Once cooled, arrange your mini eggs in their nests.
- If you'd like to make sure the eggs stay in place during transport, you can fill the hollow in your nest cookies with peanut butter, melted chocolate, or Nutella.