Bunny Butt Cupcakes have been a favorite Easter cupcake for years! They are frosted, dipped in cookie crumbs and topped with the most adorable little bunny tooshies! They’re easy to make, can be used to decorate your table and everyone loves them!
Cute little bunny tooshies top your favorite chocolate cupcakes! This is such a fun Easter treat!
Bunny Butt cupcakes are the cutest Easter cupcakes around! Little Bunny tooshies adorably adorn frosted chocolate cupcakes.
For the bunny body I used a melon baller to scoop out small balls of white cake (you can also use a small ice cream scoop). Don’t worry if they’re not perfect, the coconut covers any flaws. Donut holes will also work for the bunny body. To make the frosting “dippable” I pop it in the microwave for just long enough to make it slightly runny.
The feet are easy to put together and much like the bodies they do not need to be perfect or exact either! Mine were 1″ long by just over 1/2″ wide. You really only need a couple of pink candy melts for the toes. If you don’t want to buy a whole package of candy melts, you can either grab them in the bulk section of your grocery store or baking store or even add a little bit of gel coloring to color the white melts.
You can use any type of chocolate cupcakes to put these together (homemade, store bought or boxed). When I’m rushing, I ask at my local grocery store if they have unfrosted cupcakes. They usually have them in the freezer (and our store sells them cheaper than frosted).
I frost the cupcakes in chocolate and then dip in cookie crumbs (which I blend in my processor) to make “dirt” but you could also use coconut tinted with green food coloring to make grass if you prefer. Simply place your coconut in a stand mixer and add a few drops of green food coloring. Mix until combined.
Bunny Butt Cupcakes
- 12 Chocolate Cupcakes baked
- 6 White or Yellow Cupcakes OR 12 donut holes
- 12 mini marshmallows
- 1 ½ cups fine coconut
- Chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1 jar chocolate frosting
- 1 jar vanilla frosting
- 1 package white candy melts
- pink candy melts or pink gel coloring you will just need a couple of melts
- If using white/yellow cupcakes for the bunny body, using a melon baller, scoop out a ball of cupcake for each bunny body (you should be able to get 2 per cupcake). If you are using donut holes, cut a small slice off the bottom so it can sit flat.
- Frost each chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting. Dip into the cookie crumbs.
- Place about 20 white candy melts into a small Ziploc bag and microwave about 20-30 seconds or until melted. Snip a small corner off and pipe little feet shape onto parchment paper (2 feet per cupcake plus a few extras just in case). Mine were 1″ long by about ½″ wide.
- Once cool, melt the pink candy melts in a small ziploc bag and pipe toes and the pads of the feet. Let set.
- Place ½ cup vanilla frosting in a small bowl. Microwave 10 seconds or until soft and slightly runny. Dip each white cupcake ball or donut hole in the vanilla frosting and then into the coconut. Gently press to adhere. Dip each mini marshmallow into the frosting and then the coconut. Let the bunny body and tail cool.
- Using white candy melts as “glue” stick the tail to the body (you can cut part of the marshmallow off if it is too big). With white candy melts stick the bunny butt to the cupcake. Finally use the candy melts to adhere the feet with the toes facing downward.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Adapted from What’s New Cupcake
More Recipes You’ll Love