Cucumber Water will transport you to an upscale day spa on the first sip! The sight of sliced cucumbers, lemon, limes, and mint sprigs bobbing among the ice cubes is almost all it takes to relax and refresh. But wait until you taste it!
This delicious fruit flavored water has tons of health benefits too. Sip it all day long to remain cooled and hydrated. Another variation is to add watermelon chunks to provide a hint of sweetness that complements the fresh scent and flavor of cucumbers.
Benefits of Cucumber Water
I’d have to say the #1 benefit is that it tastes great which in turn increases the amount of water I drink.
Cucumber water provides an excellent alternative to soft drinks and sugary fruit juices. And I bet you never knew they also contain the essential vitamins and minerals you need such as C, A, B6 and K. Cucumbers also contain a bunch of electrolytes including potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and sodium, which are especially important to replace if you’re sweating a lot from heat or exercise.
Small wonder that cucumber lemon water is a favorite go-to beverage for people wanting to do a detox fast or diet. An infuser bottle is the perfect device for making this, or any kind of infused water, but not everyone has one and honestly you don’t need one.
How to Make Cucumber Water
With just 4 flavorful ingredients this water is quick and easy to make and tastes delicious all day long! Slices of lemons & limes add a tangy flair, and a few fresh mint leaves give an energizing lift.
(Printable Recipe Below)
- Thinly slice fruits and of course cucumbers and place in pitcher along with mint.
- Add ice cubes, and top with water before refrigerating.
In 1 hour your refreshing cucumber water will be ready to enjoy.
Sparkling cucumber water is an invigorating variation. Make it by slicing ingredients into a pitcher and adding one bottle of seltzer water and placing in the fridge to infuse. Add a fresh bottle of cold seltzer just before serving.
How Much Should I Drink Each Day?
Health experts say a very generalized guideline for staying hydrated is to drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water every day. But how much you really need depends on your size, activity level, and the climate or season you are in.
Cucumber water is a great way for you get all the water you need, especially if you’re one of those who just can’t abide the taste of plain water (or gets bored). If so, keep plenty of cucumber water on hand especially in the summer, or when you are planning a hard workout. Plus, it’s delicious AND nourishing!
More Beverages We Enjoy
- Fruit Flavored Water Recipes – Amazing Healthy Thirst Quenchers!
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade – only 3 ingredients!
- Slimming Detox Water – made with oranges & cucumbers
- Watermelon Lemonade – cool and refreshing for summer!
- Raspberry Mimosa – also a delicious mocktail
- ½ long english cucumber
- ½ lemon thinly sliced
- ½ lime thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs mint
- 2 quarts water
- Thinly slice cucumber either lengthwise or across.
- Place cucumbers, lemon slices, lime slices and mint in a 2qt container.
- Add a few cups of ice and top with water. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Will last 2 days in the fridge, you can continue to top with water as you consume it.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)