Banana Oatmeal Cookies are a perfectly scrumptious grab-and-go treat. Made with ripe bananas, oats and chocolate chips, these delicious cookies are extra soft.
Add in your favorite nuts and pour a cold glass of milk!
How to Make Banana Oatmeal Cookies
This cookie recipe is so easy to prepare! And with dough that is firm enough without pre-chilling before baking it is so quick to make too!
To Make Banana Oatmeal Cookies:
Get started by mashing the bananas and setting aside. Then follow these quick steps.
- Mix dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar, add in remaining wet ingredients (per recipe below).
- Mix dry into wet ingredients.
- Drop by spoonful onto a cookie sheet, and bake until golden brown.
For even more chewy fruitiness, consider substituting raisins or dried cranberries for some or all of the chocolate chips. Some sweetened coconut flakes will deepen the flavor profile even more.
How to Store Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Banana cookies store like a dream in the fridge or freezer.
- Cool completely before storing to prevent the tops from getting gooey.
- Then place in your cookie jar or pack into tightly covered containers or freezer bags.
They will keep a few days at room temperature or in the fridge for up to two weeks.
The Best Toppings
Yummy toppings will turn these cookies into a sweet treat. Dust with confectioner’s sugar or try some of these tasty options.
Can You Freeze Banana Oatmeal Cookies?
These cookies are perfect for storing in the freezer. They’ll keep for up to six months. Make lots, so that they’ll be there when those late-night sugar cravings hit.
Delicious Cookie Recipes
For breakfast or snacking on the go, it doesn’t get any better than banana oatmeal cookies. But these cookie recipes come in as a close second when it comes to a quick and delicious snack!
- Banana Breakfast Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Favorite Breakfast Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Best Ever Monster Cookies
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup large flake oats
- ⅔ cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 2
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and oats together.
- Cream the butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in the egg.
- Mix in mashed bananas and vanilla. Add in the flour mixture a bit at a time until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!