If you’re looking for an easy dinner idea that your whole family is going to love… this Chili Mac Skillet recipe is it!
Not only is it deliciously comforting, this Chili Mac skillet is done in about 20 minutes start to finish! Perfect for those busy weeknights betweens school and swimming lessons. While this is cooking, I usually prep a quick salad and slice some bread for a complete meal!
In this recipe the onion is shredded using a cheese grater, this gives you maximum flavor in every bite (plus the kiddos don’t even know they’re in there!). I have made this with ground turkey as well, the results were just as great!
Chili Mac Skillet
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 lb dry macaroni noodles
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes (I prefer low sodium)
- 3 cups beef broth (I use low sodium)
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried parsley, basil and oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Grate the onion with a cheese grater. Add onion, beef and garlic to a pan over medium heat. Cook until no pink remains while breaking up the meat into small pieces. Drain any fat.
- Add crushed tomatoes, macaroni noodles, broth, sugar, bouillon and seasonings. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and cover. Stirring occasionally, let cook 11-13 minutes or until macaroni is cooked through.
- Stir in cheese. Serve hot.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)