Cheeseburger Pizza, it’s two of the world’s favorite comfort foods combined for a perfect weeknight meal! A delicious crust loaded with lean beef, bacon and of course tons of yummy cheese! Top it with all of your favorite cheeseburger toppings for a family favorite meal!
The Best Toppings
Once the pizza dough is baked, cover it in whatever toppings you like best on either cheeseburgers or pizza. Really anything can be added or substituted in this recipe.
- Sauces: pizza sauce, barbecue sauce, mustard, ketchup, or mayo
- Meat: ground beef, bacon
- Veggies: green or red bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, or lettuce
- Herbs: Chili pepper or flakes, dried oregano, basil, or garlic
- Others: Pickled habaneros, black olives, sweet sandwich pickles
To Make Cheeseburger Pizza
Now that you have your tasty toppings picked out let’s turn these simple ingredients into a tasty, crowd-pleasing dinner!
- Pre-bake the pizza dough and brown the ground beef with onion, garlic, and barbecue sauce (per recipe below).
- Top the dough with pizza sauce, ground beef mixture, and cheeses.
- Sprinkle with cooked bacon bits and drizzle with barbecue sauce and bake in a hot oven until cheeses are bubbling.
Allow it to rest for several minutes before cutting and serving. If your crowd has a large appetite, portion it out into servings of double cheeseburger pizza to play up the burger angle.
Top with your favorite hamburger toppings; a slice of tomato, onion, shredded iceberg lettuce, a drizzle of ketchup.
Other Delicious Sides
Cheeseburger pizza is perfect for casual entertaining or busy weeknights. You don’t need too many side dishes to complete the presentation. Think fresh, crunchy veggies to cut through the cheesy, meaty richness. Broccoli slaw, cucumber salad or arugula salad with berries will provide the welcome contrast you might be craving after a few bites of cheeseburger pizza.
If it’s a special occasion, delight your guests with a fancy beverage such as white sangria, or strawberry lemonade. Or, keep your presentation and preparation fresh and unfussy by offering a simple pitcher of lemon water.
How to Reheat It
Leftover cheeseburger pizza can be refrigerated for up to four days.
- In the oven: Wrap in foil to prevent the crust from burning and pop in a pre-heated 350°F oven for about minutes.
- In the microwave: The crust will be soggy, but the taste will still be sensational! If you want to crisp up the crust, then place it on a rack over a cookie sheet for about 5 minutes after reheating.
More Fun Pizza Recipes
- Pizza Grilled Cheese – a childhood staple
- Bubble Pizza Bread – just 4 main ingredients!
- Pizza Waffles – ready in 10 mins!
- Pizza Pasta Salad – fun twist on a classic
- Easy Cheesy Pizza Dip – party favorite!
- 1 roll refrigerated pizza dough (or homemade dough for one 12" pizza)
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup red onion sliced
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- mustard and pickles for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Unroll dough onto a parchment-lined pan and bake 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, brown beef, onion, and garlic until no pink remains. Drain any fat. Add in 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce and cook until thickened (about 3 minutes).
- Spread pizza sauce over dough. Top with ground beef mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- Add red onions, bacon, and cheddar cheese. Drizzle with remaining barbecue sauce.
- Turn the oven up to 450°F. Bake an additional 5-8 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Cut into 8 slices and garnish with your favorite burger toppings (mustard, pickles, ketchup).
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.