A nice cold pasta salad makes a perfect meal on a hot summer day!
This pizza pasta salad is one that your whole family will agree on! We add pepperoni, onions, peppers and olives but you can add in your own favorite pizza toppings including sausage, cooked & cooled mushrooms or even sundried tomatoes! The homemade dressing tastes amazing and it takes only about 30 seconds to make however, you can substitute a store bought Italian dressing if you prefer.
Our favorite pasta shape for this recipe is rotini but any medium sized pasta will work (such as penne, bow tie or wagon wheels). You can substitute any type of diced tomato in this recipe however you’ll want to be sure to drain the tomatoes before adding them.
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
Pizza Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces pasta
- ½ green pepper diced
- ½ red pepper diced
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 cup pizza mozzarella diced
- ½ cup red onion
- ½ cup black olives
- 1 ¼ cup mini pepperoni
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 cup store bought Italian dressing
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta el dente according to package directions. Rinse under cold water.
- Combine pasta, red & green pepper, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, onion, olives and pepperoni.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients. Toss with pasta mixture.
- Top with fresh basil & parmesan cheese.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.