A cauliflower pizza crust is deliciously different and a great lower-carb choice!
This pizza crust is positively famous for people following a low carb lifestyle, and it’s no wonder! It’s a delicious way to cut back on carbs (and calories) while still getting your pizza fix!
Pair with a tangy easy Italian salad and dinner is served!
Easy Cauliflower Pizza Crust
We love this recipe because it’s so easy to put together. Just a handful of ingredients are needed for this homemade crust!
It’s so versatile! Customize it by adding your favorite pizza toppings!
Unlike regular pizza crust, there is no kneading, proofing, or rolling out dough! Just mince it, mix it, press it into a pan, and bake it!
Feel good about eating this low-carb crust! Enjoy this cheesy, pizza, guilt-free!
Ingredients & Variations
CRUST Cauliflower, an egg, Mozzarella, and some seasonings mix together to create this light and savory crust!
TOPPINGS This pizza is topped with a simple pizza sauce and Mozza cheese. The sky is the limit for toppings, add your favorite or try something new!
- SAUCE: Use tomato sauce, marinara, BBQ sauce, or even alfredo!
- MEAT: Pepperoni, bacon, salami, ham, or chicken. All the classic favorites!
- VEGGIES: Mushrooms, green pepper, onions, olives, or fresh tomatoes will all taste great.
- CHEESE: All the cheese! Try cheddar, provolone, feta, parmesan, or whatever you have on hand!
How to Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Making a keto-friendly cauliflower pizza crust? It’s as easy as pie—pizza pie, that is!
- Clean and rice cauliflower with a box grater.
- Microwave for 7 minutes and drain. Place riced cauliflower in a kitchen towel or cheesecloth and squeeze as much liquid out as possible.
- Add Italian seasoning, egg, and cheese. Mix well. Press into prepared pan and bake 12 minutes. Flip over and bake until golden brown.
- Top pizza with sauce, cheese, and desired toppings.
- Return to oven and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Tips for Success
- The best way to make the crust stick together is to make sure the cauliflower is squeezed as dry as possible.
- Shred your own cheese, pre-shredded cheeses have additives that can affect the recipe.
- The crust must be baked before adding toppings.
- This recipe takes a bit of time. It can be doubled or tripled and extra crusts can be baked and frozen for future use.
Other Low-Carb Favorites
- Sesame Ginger Salmon & Broccoli – one pan
- Zucchini Casserole – vegetarian dish
- Zucchini Pizza Bites – great appetizer
- Cilantro Lime Chicken – full of zesty flavor
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast – wrapped in bacon
- Shrimp Stir Fry with Zucchini Noodles – healthy & delicious
Did you make this Cauliflower Pizza Crust? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- toppings as desired
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Wash cauliflower and grate it on the large side of a cheese grater or pulse in a food processor until the pieces are about the size of a grain of rice.
- Place the grated cauliflower in a bowl and cover. Microwave 7 minutes. Remove from microwave and allow to cool.
- Place cauliflower in a kitchen towel and squeeze to drain as much liquid as possible. Discard liquid.
- Combine drained cauliflower, egg, seasoning and cheese in a bowl and mix well.
- Press cauliflower into prepared pan. Bake 12 minutes, flip crust and bake another 10-12 minutes or until browned.
To Bake Pizza
- Top as desired with cheese and toppings. Bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.