If you’re looking for a super simple healthy dish to feed your family, this sweet and tangy One Pan Sesame Ginger Salmon and Broccoli is your answer!
Salmon is one of my favorite types of fish to eat. Not only does it have great flavor and texture, it’s healthy, and doesn’t take long to prepare. This One Pan Sesame Ginger Salmon & Broccoli will soon become one of your family’s favorite recipes.
Both my daughters (only age three and one) LOVE salmon. If you have kids, you know that from one day to the next they can completely change their eating habits and likes/dislikes. One night they will hate chicken and the next night they’ll eat like a pound of it. Salmon is the one protein I can always count on them enjoying which is awesome because first, my husband and I really enjoy it; second, it’s got heart healthy fats; and third, it is so super easy for me to prepare.
Yes, you have to marinate the salmon but it’s worth it! I usually like to prep this meal the night before because I’d likely forget to prepare it during the middle of the next day. That gives the salmon extra time to soak up all those yummy flavors.
When you’re ready to prepare dinner all you have to do is start cooking some rice, pop the salmon and broccoli on a pan to bake, and stir together the glaze. 20 minutes start to finish and you can have a healthy scrumptious dinner on the table.
Add this One Pan Sesame Ginger Salmon and Broccoli to your menu to help lighten your load and enjoy a nutritious and delicious dinner.
One Pan Sesame Ginger Salmon & Broccoli
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated (I like to buy the tube of paste)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pound broccoli cut into florets
For the Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons green onions , chopped
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and place in a bag with the salmon to marinate at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place salmon on a greased pan and discard excess marinade. Arrange broccoli around the salmon and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until it flakes (145°F).
- Spoon the glaze on the salmon and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve on top of rice.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)