This is a fun take on the good ol’ banana split! Don’t be too scared off by the idea of coring strawberries… it’s actually super simple! It takes just a couple of seconds per strawberry using a tomato corer (they’re really inexpensive)! For the fudge sauce I used my homemade 5 minute Wicked Fudge Sauce as it keeps well in the fridge and I usually have it on hand.
When choosing strawberries for this recipe, try to choose the largest you can find. Smaller strawberries will work but the bigger ones are easier to work with . Be sure your strawberries are very dry before dipping in the chocolate because water can make the chocolate seize up! If you’d like to prep these ahead of time, you can prepare the filling up to 1 day ahead and refrigerate. The strawberries can then be assembled a couple of hours ahead of time.
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
Banana Split Stuffed Strawberries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries more or less depending on size
- 4 tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped nuts
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ banana mashed (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple well drained
- instant banana pudding mix or vanilla
- fudge sauce I used 5 Minute homemade sauce
- Combine heavy cream, cream cheese, powdered sugar and 4 tablespoons instant pudding mix with mixer on medium until thick and fluffy. Fold in banana & pineapple. Place in a ziploc and refrigerate.
- Wash & dry strawberries. Cut tops off and using a tomato corer, scoop out the center. Cut bottom off and make sure the strawberry stands upright. Stand on a paper towel to dry.
- Melt chocolate chips for about 25 seconds in the microwave, stir in butter until smooth. Dry each strawberry with a paper towel and dip in chocolate and then in nuts. Place on parchment paper and refrigerate 5 minutes or until set.
- Cut a corner off of the zippered bag and pipe filling into each strawberry. Top with desired toppings (chocolate, sprinkles, cherries).
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
More Recipes You’ll Love